First, I want to thank everyone that reads this and helps me. It will be ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

Narcisse no está en línea Stack level 1

A few problems with the 7250

Advertisement

First, I want to thank everyone that reads this and helps me. It will be very appreciated, as I am a total newbie at this.

My cellphone recently broke, and I needed quickly a new cell phone. So my buddy gave me a 7250 Blackberry he did not use anymore.

I only want to use the Blackberry as a cell phone and text message. No email, no fancy features for a CEO.

However, I would like to synchronize my data from Outlook 2000 to the Blackberry.

Also, I would like to get help on a few issues.

1- The screen is very dark. I have a hard time seeing on it, and I find it very frustrating to press the power button for backlighting all the time. I went into Options > Screen & keyboard, but there is no option to change the contrast of the screen.

a) If you know how to change the contrast of the screen, that would help a lot.

b) Is there a way that the backlighting can go on instantly as I press any button ? For example, when it is on standby mode, and i simply turn the trackwheel or press the phone button, the backlighting could go on, to allow better vision, especially at night

2- When I got the Blackberry, there was a password on it. So I changed it to a new password. However, I find it very frustrating to have to type a password everytime I want to use the device. I went to Options > security, and when I click the trackwheel on the Password [Enabled] feature, there is no [Change option], which would mean that it is impossible to disable the password.

Do you know how I could disable the password in order to be able to use the device right away when I pick it up. I do not intent to load sensitive information on the device, so I dont need the protection

3- Right now, I am using an old Palm as a PDA. I would now like to use the Blackberry to synchronize Tasks, Memos, Calendar and contacts from Outlook 2000. I have tried using the Destop manager to synchronize using Outlook 2000, I have followed all the steps, configured it the right way, but when I press Synchronize now (making sure that the organizer data box is checked), nothing happens.

Could the cause be a conflict with the Palm ? Do you know what I am doing wrong ?

4- Upon seeing those situations, I found myself contemplating the "Wipe handheld" option, and just start over.

What does that option imply. Does that mean I can not use the device at all anymore. Do I need to take it back to Customer support. What do I lose, what do I keep. Do I need to get it activated with my carrier (Bell Mobility, Canda) again ?

Thank you very much again and in advance for your time !

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: A few problems with the 7250

Quote Originally Posted by Narcisse View Post
    First, I want to thank everyone that reads this and helps me. It will be very appreciated, as I am a total newbie at this.

My cellphone recently broke, and I needed quickly a new cell phone. So my buddy gave me a 7250 Blackberry he did not use anymore.

I only want to use the Blackberry as a cell phone and text message. No email, no fancy features for a CEO.

However, I would like to synchronize my data from Outlook 2000 to the Blackberry.

Also, I would like to get help on a few issues.

1- The screen is very dark. I have a hard time seeing on it, and I find it very frustrating to press the power button for backlighting all the time. I went into Options > Screen & keyboard, but there is no option to change the contrast of the screen.

a) If you know how to change the contrast of the screen, that would help a lot.
    Not that I'm aware of.

b) Is there a way that the backlighting can go on instantly as I press any button ? For example, when it is on standby mode, and i simply turn the trackwheel or press the phone button, the backlighting could go on, to allow better vision, especially at night
    No. The only way to get the backlight on is to press the light button.

2- When I got the Blackberry, there was a password on it. So I changed it to a new password. However, I find it very frustrating to have to type a password everytime I want to use the device. I went to Options > security, and when I click the trackwheel on the Password [Enabled] feature, there is no [Change option], which would mean that it is impossible to disable the password.

Do you know how I could disable the password in order to be able to use the device right away when I pick it up. I do not intent to load sensitive information on the device, so I dont need the protection
    With the word Enabled highlited, hit [Space] to change it to Disabled. If it doesn't change, and particularly if there's a "dot" (it's actually a tiny lock), that means it's enabled by "IT Policy" which can only be removed by following the instructions here: http://blackberry.ig3.net/

And remember, it's not just YOU you're removing the protection for, it's every email address, phone number, and name you're removing the protection from! Why does everyone forget that?

3- Right now, I am using an old Palm as a PDA. I would now like to use the Blackberry to synchronize Tasks, Memos, Calendar and contacts from Outlook 2000. I have tried using the Destop manager to synchronize using Outlook 2000, I have followed all the steps, configured it the right way, but when I press Synchronize now (making sure that the organizer data box is checked), nothing happens.

Could the cause be a conflict with the Palm ? Do you know what I am doing wrong ?
    Yes, the Palm can be causing a problem. It would be best if you uninstalled both, then reinstalled Desktop Manager. Make sure you're selecting Outlook, and it's pointing to the appropriate folder(s).

4- Upon seeing those situations, I found myself contemplating the "Wipe handheld" option, and just start over.

What does that option imply. Does that mean I can not use the device at all anymore. Do I need to take it back to Customer support. What do I lose, what do I keep. Do I need to get it activated with my carrier (Bell Mobility, Canda) again ?
    Wipe Handheld basically erases ALL User data and returns it to its factory settings. It does not affect the SIM card. As far as you're concerned, it will be returned to the condition you received it in - maybe even better!

Thank you very much again and in advance for your time !
    You're welcome!
    JerryD

Narcisse no está en línea Stack level 1

1- I have solved this problem with an application named BBlight. What it does is that is activates the backlight whenever I press a button, roll the trackwheel, etc

2- I removed the IT policy. I dont need the protection.

3- I will try to do that, thank you

Thanks for everything !

hjthomas1996 no está en línea Stack level 1

I use BBLight on my 7250 and I get an extra brightness level. Press the backlight button once, to enable the default backlight brightness , then again to make it brighter.
    Harold J. Thomas
    Founder
    Ramaj Entertainment
    (704)323 - 8275 / office
    (704)900 - 9319 /mobile