Good day, I have a question that has stumped me. We have a user who ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

bbfarter no está en línea Stack level 1

7780 only displaying the last 10 most recent emails...

Advertisement

Good day,
    I have a question that has stumped me. We have a user who still has the bb7780 and is experiencing an issue where he can only see the last 10 most recent emails on his blackberry. I checked all the settings, or so I think, and found nothing on how many emails to display at a time. The only thing that fixed his issue was to back it up, wipe it out and load the back up back onto the bb.

Has anybody else experienced this and would it be possible to post your fix?

With kind regards,
    bbfarter

Re: 7780 only displaying the last 10 most recent emails...

Here is something interesting that I just happened to come across (I always do these types of things! Voice out my problem then go on a crazy research hunt to try and beat anybody from answering my question before me). This was in the Blackberry Wireless Handheld User Guide on page 85:

Why were some of my messages deleted from the handheld?
    If your handheld memory is full, your handheld deletes the oldest messages from the messages list to accommodate new ones. It will not delete saved messages.

Since the user is out of town until Tuesday, I will have to wait until then to get my hands on it. I welcome any other reasons, if there are any, and will keep everyone posted.

Cheers,
    bbfarter

Edit: since I am not a lvl 2 stacker, I can't post the link to the manual. Sorry

Re: 7780 only displaying the last 10 most recent emails...

Definitely a space issue. I said 10 emails because I thought it was a consistant thing, however it has changed. This blackberry can hold up to ~12mb of data...the user is now sitting at ~0.2mb worth of free space. That's ~190.8KB which is one large email or an email with a few small attachments.

If anybody else knows or any other reasons, please let me know, however I think this is pretty concrete.

Cheers,
    bbfarter