hello friends, I have a nextel blackberry 7520, which has an OS language in English, ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

omerts no está en línea Stack level 1

7520 OS Language

Advertisement

hello friends,

I have a nextel blackberry 7520, which has an OS language in English, I would like to add Hebrew OS language to it.

Is there a ready file which i can upload?

If not, how is it possible to maybe make a language file?

thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by omerts View Post
    hello friends,

I have a nextel blackberry 7520, which has an OS language in English, I would like to add Hebrew OS language to it.

Is there a ready file which i can upload?

If not, how is it possible to maybe make a language file?

thank you in advance
    Good morning Omerts! Hebrew is included in the OS. However, many people (including myself) delete all of the languages we don't need simply to increase memory space, so it's not uncommon to find BlackBerries that have had their languages removed. The simple fix is to re-install the OS. At the top of the page in this forum, you'll see a post from LavaGirl that lists where the latest OS's can be found. If you need help installing it, post back!

Mark
    thank you some much, I will try and if i have any problems i will let you know.

dear Mark,

I have downloaded and installed the multilang OS, but all it has is english french and spanish. Is it possible for me to maybe translate some files to hebrew?

dear Mark,

I have downloaded and installed the multilang OS, but all it has is english french and spanish. Is it possible for me to maybe translate some files to hebrew?
    I'm very surprised that several more languages are not included in the OS you installed. Reconnect your Berry to the Desktop Manager, open Application Loader, and see if there's more languages that are available. Usually, there's a long list of languages that are available for installation. If you don't see Hebrew available, I'll consult with some of PinStack's other experts and see what I can come up with for you. Also, quick question: What OS version did you download for your device? (Was it 4.1.0.380?) - -

Dear Mark, thank you for your help.

Yes the OS is 4.1.0.380.

I tried it again, and i could only find French and Spanish.

Dear Mark, thank you for your help.

Yes the OS is 4.1.0.380.

I tried it again, and i could only find French and Spanish.
    Hello again omerts, sorry about the delay in getting back to you (I was offline a couple of days) - Here's a link to a JAD you can try. It is for the 7290, however is compatible with your device. Give it a try see what happens - - click on the "Parent Directory" link for more options. There's also a link to email the owner of the site with questions

http://cheservices.com/blackberry/7290/

I found the link with a search here at Pinstack.

Thank for the reply, and sorry for the late reply.

I have checked out that file, but it is only for hebrew font, i need to os language to be in hebrew.

Is it possible to maybe install a different os on this phone?

Thank for the reply, and sorry for the late reply.

I have checked out that file, but it is only for hebrew font, i need to os language to be in hebrew.

Is it possible to maybe install a different os on this phone?
    I'm not sure what direction you should take now. However, fact: people that speak hebrew use mobile phones. Fact: Therefore one would assume there are OS's out there that have hebrew. Conclusion: Go on the internet and search for mobile networks in Israel and see if there's an appropriate OS. Anyway, that would be my next step - -Thanks for being patient, the answer's out there somewhere!

thank you for your help

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    but for 7290 devices but can probably work for ya
    http://www.cheservices.com/blackberry/
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)