Bought a 7510 Nextel off of Ebay and BES password security was installed. I do ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

david_troupe no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile 7510 bes removal

Advertisement

Bought a 7510 Nextel off of Ebay and BES password security was installed. I do not have enterprise and want to remove this feature. Enable/Disable security does not work, locked. If I have to reintall o.s. how is that done? v4.0.0.160 platform1.3.0.29 is current.

Raphael no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 7510 bes removal

It appears that the Blackberry may actually have an IT Policy in place. Follow the link below for instructions on how to get rid of the policy, which also includes getting rid of the password.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...licy_help.html

Hope that helps!

david_troupe no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: 7510 bes removal

That worked great, thanks. New problem. This 7510 says it has Bluetooth. I don't have a phone option under the options icon. I also cannot find where to set the phone number of the device. It shows the phone number of the previous owner. Desktop manager doesn't have any place for me to set the phone number and under the connection settings Bluetooth is grayed out.

Raphael no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by david_troupe View Post
    That worked great, thanks. New problem. This 7510 says it has Bluetooth. I don't have a phone option under the options icon. I also cannot find where to set the phone number of the device. It shows the phone number of the previous owner. Desktop manager doesn't have any place for me to set the phone number and under the connection settings Bluetooth is grayed out.
    Are you positive that your Blackberry has bluetooth compatibility because I looked at the specifications of the device and it appears that it doesn't have this option.

Also, does your Blackberry use a SIM card to connect to a network or is it a CDMA phone?

You won't be able to set the phone number via Desktop Manager.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Have you downloaded Desktop Manager and the latest Device Software for the BB and installed them both to your PC? If so connect the BB to your PC, Open Desktop Manager, then Open Desktop manager and then Application Loader. You should see a list of applications with check boxes. Scroll down until you see Phone App or something that says phone. make sure that it is checked. Then complete the load process. It will take a very long time.

To do all this, Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want are BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry. Even though it says 4.1, it should work for your BB even if the latest Device software is not 4.1. but earlier.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The 7510 is an IDEN phone, and is a single band 800mhz Nextel and Mike network So in the US you need to be on Nextel. And that ain't gonna last much longer in the US. That band is scheduled for re-allocations here this year.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles