Hello all! First-timer here. I bought 2 7290s which were listed for AT&T (from an ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

pgmurray no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20216CAC

7290 will not stay connected to Cingular

Advertisement

Hello all! First-timer here. I bought 2 7290s which were listed for AT&T (from an eBay cellular store). Thinking that Cingular bought AT&T, I figured they'd work. Neither does. Purchased unlock code for 7290 that says Blackberry on the screen (as opposed to the other which says AT&T wireless). Still nothing. Talked to Cingular, they said to go to the store and get another SIM. Did that. Still nothing, except that only occasionally now do I get cell signal. No rhyme or reason. Under a tower or not doesn't matter. Options - Network shows Cingular (when I have signal), but nothing else (no automatic). Advanced - sim card - MEPD shows sim - disabled, network - inactive, network subset - disabled, service provider - disabled, corporate - disabled.
    What am I doing wrong? Why can't I keep cellular connection? I won't get the data plan turned on until I can use the cell part (the original intention). Help??

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: 7290 will not stay connected to Cingular

So you have your Cingular SIM in your BB and get no signal? Also make sure wireless is turned on. At the top of you BB screen does it say 'gsm','GSM',' gprs' or GPRS'?

pgmurray no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20216CAC

That's correct. New SIM. Intermittent signal. small gprs, data connection refused - when it's connected at all. During time I had signal earlier, I made a call and sent reply to text message just fine. Looked at coworkers AT&T unit (which is on Cingular and unlocked). Same except for network selection mode automatic is present on network screen, and network - active on sim card network personalization screen.

zene55 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem. Got a new sim card and then re-installed the software. It now has worked for one day solid.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

zene55, Welcome to PinStack, and thanks for the info.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

zene55 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by zene55
    I have the same problem. Got a new sim card and then re-installed the software. It now has worked for one day solid.
    Phone is working 80% of the time. It still drops connection and starts the searching for network.

When it drops connection is seems to be right after a data transfer. Is there anything I am missing?

Other question. Why would I not have the option to turn off my password. I thought I saw something about a way BB are set up that can block certian features. How do you undo this?