Hi all! I'm buying a used Blackberry for my father but the default language is ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

Roshen no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 7290 system language help

Advertisement

Hi all!
    I'm buying a used Blackberry for my father but the default language is english, how can I add another language to it? Italian to be specific.
    I looked on blackberry.com but honestly I'm just getting more confused. On my own BB 7290 I just have english, USA or UK.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: 7290 system language help

Hello Roshen and Welcome to the Stacks.

If you go to Options/Language, that will give you the ability to change both the reading language and input language.

Let us know how you make out.

thank you for your answer. In Options/Language I can choose only english (USA or UK), should there be more languages? SHould I download some service packs?

I understand there is the possibility to download a service pack to add other languages but I really can't find it, anyone could give me a link please?

It's so stupid of me, I should have thought about it before promising to my father that I would get him a BB!

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Roshen
    I understand there is the possibility to download a service pack to add other languages but I really can't find it, anyone could give me a link please?

It's so stupid of me, I should have thought about it before promising to my father that I would get him a BB!
    Normally your carrier will have their own versiono of the handheld software for you to download and install on the device. when you do the install you can pick which languages you want to install.

Best bet is to contact your carrier or the carrier who supplied the handset initially to get their download site url.

The initial carrier was AT&T but I bought the phone unlocked through EBay. I'm trying to get ahold of the seller (it's a company so they should answer me) but I really need to know where to find other languages and how to install them.

I solved the problem! I installed the TIM-Italy OS 4.1 and everything works well. Actually I just downloaded the software and then using the desktop manager, added the italian support.
    Thank you all for your help!

This is the link for the TIM-Italy download anyway:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do