This place is awesome. I have a 7290 and it works great but I noticed ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

4sight no está en línea Stack level 1

7290 Screen replacement?

Advertisement

This place is awesome. I have a 7290 and it works great but I noticed it looks like there are some very minor "rubs" on the screen. Also, when the backlight is on it looks like there might even be some dirt under the screen. Can I replace the screen or take it off and clean under it, is that difficult? Thanks for any help....

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: 7290 Screen replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by 4sight
    This place is awesome. I have a 7290 and it works great but I noticed it looks like there are some very minor "rubs" on the screen. Also, when the backlight is on it looks like there might even be some dirt under the screen. Can I replace the screen or take it off and clean under it, is that difficult? Thanks for any help....
    Well, here is the deal...

Unlike the 7105, 8700, 8100 series devices, the screen that you see on the 7290 is the ACTUAL screen and not part of the plastic housing...

So that being said...Can you take it apart? Of course...Trust me, a 7290 is not too hard to take apart if you have a basic idea or have ever taken anything apart and put it back together...

Can you clean "Under the screen"? No. There is no "under the screen" per say.

Now that being said, would it be worth it to take the device apart to clean the screen? Probably not. It's not going to be much better than actually cleaning the screen while it is in there.

You may want to try some type of cleansing solution that is made for such screens, maybe like the solution you use for LCD displays and whatnot.

4sight no está en línea Stack level 1

Super, that was a lot of help N8DBB, thanks.

RobertGp26 Guest

A bit off subject, but is there any way to turn on the status light on the 7290?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by RobertGp26
    A bit off subject, but is there any way to turn on the status light on the 7290?
    status light?

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Is this the light that blinks green for service red for none?

RobertGp26 Guest

yes, but i cant find the location to enable it

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: 7290 Screen replacement?

that depends on what you want to set it to.... not sure what you want to do?