I bought an unlocked 7290 (previously with T-Mobile) a few months ago. Updated it and ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

jgbyer31 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E5C8A3

7290 Problem

Advertisement

I bought an unlocked 7290 (previously with T-Mobile) a few months ago. Updated it and it had been working great. Last Thursday, for some reason, most of the phone calls that I was receiving, were going straight to voicemail. It also takes about 10 seconds to connect when placing a call. ATT is my carrier, so I went up to my local store and asked them about it. They said that I needed a new SIM card and then gave me one. It worked fine while I was at the store, and then when I got home, my problem returned. So I went back up to the store and they said it was a problem with the phone.

I am not getting full service most places I go now and this is why I think I'm having these problems.

Why would this all of the sudden start? Is it a problem with my phone or with ATT?

I've heard that when you buy unlocked phones that you don't get as good service as a phone that is actually locked to a network. Is this true and if so, is there a way for me to lock to ATT's network?

My phone has always showed gprs instead of GPRS, but now I'm not getting full bars. If someone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I'm self-employed and work from my phone. Thanks in advance.

JB form Louisville, KY

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: 7290 Problem

Have you called ATT to see if there are any outages in your area? You may also want to test it with someone else's SIM card.

If it is still not connecting to the network then it's your phone (antenna issue). You will have to contact RIM about warranty. Since it's and older model I'm not sure if they will be able to warranty it and if they do, there might be a fee.

Keep us updated, JB

jgbyer31 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E5C8A3

Re: 7290 Problem

ATT said that there are no outages in my area. I have not tested it with someone else's SIM card, but my old SIM as well as the new one they gave me did this.

I actually purchased it from overstock.com (with a warranty), so I guess I could call them and tell them that it is an antenna issue and see if I can't get another one.

I just don't want to have this same problem with another one they send me, if it's not an antennae issue and it's something else. Thank's for your help, any other thoughts would be appreciated.

JB

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: 7290 Problem

Quote Originally Posted by jgbyer31 View Post
    ATT said that there are no outages in my area. I have not tested it with someone else's SIM card, but my old SIM as well as the new one they gave me did this.

I actually purchased it from overstock.com (with a warranty), so I guess I could call them and tell them that it is an antenna issue and see if I can't get another one.

I just don't want to have this same problem with another one they send me, if it's not an antennae issue and it's something else. Thank's for your help, any other thoughts would be appreciated.

JB

That's what I'd do> call > Overstock.com!!

Good luck!