Hi there I've picked up a few older BB - like two 7290 and a ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

t-maxed no está en línea Stack level 1

7290 OS on a 7230 - can it be done?

Advertisement

Hi there
    I've picked up a few older BB - like two 7290 and a 7230.
    Can I install the Rogers OS 7290 software on the 7230?

I'm hoping it will wipe the subsidy code and allow me to install my Rogers SIM card. I'm not looking to Unlock the phone at this point, just to use my Rogers SIM. I re-installed the Rogers 7290 OS on one of the 7290 (that had corrupt java and wouldn't work) and it is working. Mind you, I had to do it this way - How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected (excellent article btw!) in order for it to work. Now I will try with the other one, but I want to do it to the 7230 as well.

Re: 7290 OS on a 7230 - can it be done?

I've picked up a few older BB - like two 7290 and a 7230.
    Can I install the Rogers OS 7290 software on the 7230?
    No. 7230 is a 16mb machine, the 7290 is a 32mb. They are very similar in appearance and functionality, but they are completely different generations of BB

t-maxed no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7290 OS on a 7230 - can it be done?

thanks Mark
    I guess it must have been unlocked because after I tried to unlock the phone with the 10 attempts, I typed in a new password, installed my Rogers SIM, and now the phone works!

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    Quote Originally Posted by t-maxed View Post
    thanks Mark
    I guess it must have been unlocked because after I tried to unlock the phone with the 10 attempts, I typed in a new password, installed my Rogers SIM, and now the phone works!
    Did the device master reset after the 10th attempt? Its supposed to do that and let you put in any password you want afterwards because the device has been wiped and is starting fresh again.