Hello all. I just wanted to say hi and thanks for to anyone who helps. ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

colinmatthew no está en línea Stack level 1

7290 help or it gets the hammer!!!!

Advertisement

Hello all. I just wanted to say hi and thanks for to anyone who helps.

I have a 7290 that crashed today. I am running windows vista with download manager 4.3. I have a former cingular now ATT wireless blackberry 7290. I am plugged DIRECTLY into my USB port. Prior to this freeze I have had the phone for AT least 2 years and NEVER connected it to upgrade anything, so I guess I am lucky. haha. Here are the problems that I am experiencing:

I was getting the following errors today:

error 373
    abort something or other
    a picture with a radio and a circle around it reading error 503???
    error 103

Needless to say it's driving me crazy. NOW.... I have tried the thread : Reinstall OS when computer won't recognize device. I did what was said by downloading Desktop Manager and ALL the handheld items, left the battery out, the computer recognized the device, and i downloaded new software and tried to install. It stated that all files were installed and then I got the spinning hourglass for 1 hour. After this I tried again and again. When this didn't work, I downloaded the JL_cmder and went to use the WIPE feature. It asks me do I want to continue?? I push the Y key. Then it tells me to type in BLACKBERRY if I want to wipe clean and NOTHING happened.

NOW..... I have a blackberry that won't get recognized no matter what by my Desktop Manager, and all it does is start the light blinking like it is going to boot up and turns off, then it turns on again over and over and over!!! It is hooked up to my stereo and every 15 seconds I hear the duh duh from it recognizing it and NOTHING!!!! I think it is looking for software to reboot, but nothing is there. I really love this thing and don't want to buy another. NO WARRANTY LEFT. Thanks for the help!!!!!

Cheers.

CM
    Last edited by colinmatthew; 02-27-2008 at 03:29 AM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 7290 help or it gets the hammer!!!!

colin, with DM open, have you tried to open application loader? i know sometimes mine says 'disconnected' but double clicking the app loader 'invokes' the DM to recognize the bb (i know that's kind of cryptic, but i don't know any other way to explain it) ... kind of like trying to force app loader to recognize the bb.

Hi there. I tried to get it to recognize under options and it is a NO GO. It dosen't even recognize it as hooked up.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

are you trying to get DM to recognize it without the battery in?

I have tried EVERY trick possible. I did the ENTIRE song and dance about no battery and options and recognizing the phone WITHOUT the battery. The above post says everything.... I have done everything I have found on this site!!!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Are you getting anything at all on your display? Any error code showing if you are getting a display?

I'm getting nothing. The light just blinks, then stops. Blinks, then stops. Every once in a while I get an error code 103.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

So black screen and just the blinking. DM doesn't recognize it at all when it's connected via usb? The thread you mention in your OP about getting DM to recognize BB must be followed step by step exactly...I know you're sure and you've tried everything and are frustrated, I would be too, but don't smash BB ok?
    I'm logging off soon so will check on you in the am. If not resolved will call on some further help for you or I'll continue.

pearlymae no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just wanna know if yo put the battery back in.when you start the app loader without the battery once it says that its erasing and starts the process put the battery back in. The process will not be completed if you leave the battery out the whole time.

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    I know I'm not really being helpful, but if you don't get your BB working, you should sent it my way. I'll take good care of it, don't worry about that
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

suprab77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmatthew View Post
    I'm getting nothing. The light just blinks, then stops. Blinks, then stops. Every once in a while I get an error code 103.
    Have you resolved this issue since your first post??

I faced the similar situation with JVM error 103 on 7290 device and followed the instructions just as you did for reinstalling OS and handheld apps and have not had a problem a year now.
    --Suprab77
    -- Suprab77

suprab77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    These should help you and others with similar situation:

Attached is a guide to help you reslove the problem of the PC not recognizing your device.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

If this does not fully resolve the problem, there is another attachment to guide you through the process of restoring the operating system on your device.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=76555

-- Suprab77

Quote Originally Posted by colinmatthew View Post
    Hello all. I just wanted to say hi and thanks for to anyone who helps.

I have a 7290 that crashed today. I am running windows vista with download manager 4.3. I have a former cingular now ATT wireless blackberry 7290. I am plugged DIRECTLY into my USB port. Prior to this freeze I have had the phone for AT least 2 years and NEVER connected it to upgrade anything, so I guess I am lucky. haha. Here are the problems that I am experiencing:

I was getting the following errors today:

error 373
    abort something or other
    a picture with a radio and a circle around it reading error 503???
    error 103

Needless to say it's driving me crazy. NOW.... I have tried the thread : Reinstall OS when computer won't recognize device. I did what was said by downloading Desktop Manager and ALL the handheld items, left the battery out, the computer recognized the device, and i downloaded new software and tried to install. It stated that all files were installed and then I got the spinning hourglass for 1 hour. After this I tried again and again. When this didn't work, I downloaded the JL_cmder and went to use the WIPE feature. It asks me do I want to continue?? I push the Y key. Then it tells me to type in BLACKBERRY if I want to wipe clean and NOTHING happened.

NOW..... I have a blackberry that won't get recognized no matter what by my Desktop Manager, and all it does is start the light blinking like it is going to boot up and turns off, then it turns on again over and over and over!!! It is hooked up to my stereo and every 15 seconds I hear the duh duh from it recognizing it and NOTHING!!!! I think it is looking for software to reboot, but nothing is there. I really love this thing and don't want to buy another. NO WARRANTY LEFT. Thanks for the help!!!!!

Cheers.

CM
    -- Suprab77