Please forgive my archaic BB7290 and my newbie question which has been asked here before ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

ckpager no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 7290: File Transfer BB<->PC via USB (offline)

Advertisement

Please forgive my archaic BB7290 and my newbie question which has been asked here before (but often not answered). I often find myself without internet access to my notebook, and receive a BB e-mail attachment which I need to my notebook to edit/review, then transfer back to my BB to e-mail off. I am eager to explore any apps, cracks or hacks (this is something non-standard my demonic employers will not facilitate and actively hinder if they knew).

Context: I have BB desktop 4.2 on my laptop; my BB has core apps v4.1. My employers use microsoft exchange and our contacts/inbox/etc are stored on the central servers (so when I use BB desktop, it syncs with the servers; I've not tried to run it while offline). I am on Vodafone in the UK.

- I highly doubt our Vodafone plan would allow the "tethered modem" feature (?).

- I have seen discussion of eFile, but suggestions that the free version wouldn't work alone, or would only allow transfer from e-mail->BB->laptop and not the other way around. In any case, I have attempted to install this but the application doesn't appear on or link with my BB. If eFile really is the way to go, I can try to explore these problems with dynoplex.

MANY MANY THANKS if you have any ideas or experience with this. I would *very* much like to be able to communicate with someone who might be able to walk me through this.

Kindest regards,

Chet

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 7290: File Transfer BB<->PC via USB (offline)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~can't you jst email it to yourself and open it on your laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~can't you jst email it to yourself and open it on your laptop?
    "I often find myself without internet access to my notebook" - if I were in my home, office or hotel room this wouldn't be an issue. But I am frequently not.

I'm hesitant to join this discussion, because I don't use my BBs for email (I'm a phone/PIM kinda guy!) but if I'm not mistaken you can use the "Synchronise" option on your Desktop Manager to synch through a USB cable. Since you don't have an internet connection, perhaps you don't have the Desktop Manager -- maybe (if you don't) you can download it on someone else's computer - copy it to a CD - install it on your computer and go from there? Just an idea - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    I'm hesitant to join this discussion, because I don't use my BBs for email (I'm a phone/PIM kinda guy!) but if I'm not mistaken you can use the "Synchronise" option on your Desktop Manager to synch through a USB cable. Since you don't have an internet connection, perhaps you don't have the Desktop Manager -- maybe (if you don't) you can download it on someone else's computer - copy it to a CD - install it on your computer and go from there? Just an idea - - -
    Hi Mark - thanks for the suggestion. I do have Desktop Manager - see " Context: I have BB desktop 4.2 on my laptop" above - but unfortunately this doesn't do it. The solutions apparently require third-party software (eFile, etc) or something - and this is what I'm trying to get info about.