When the 7290 first came on the market a few short years ago, it cost ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

7290 faded

Advertisement

When the 7290 first came on the market a few short years ago, it cost hundreds of dollars. It is still a monster, with a lot of strengths - PIM, Push, anything anyone would want to stay organized and communicate. The reason it grew old and "faded" is simply that it is not capable of multimedia - it's weak on pictures and can't play mp3s, in addition to not being able to MMS. So, even though it ran $400 new in 2004, I just sold one on Ebay for $1.25. Really - a buck and a quarter - my o my, how the times do change!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    When the 7290 first came on the market a few short years ago, it cost hundreds of dollars. It is still a monster, with a lot of strengths - PIM, Push, anything anyone would want to stay organized and communicate. The reason it grew old and "faded" is simply that it is not capable of multimedia - it's weak on pictures and can't play mp3s, in addition to not being able to MMS. So, even though it ran $400 new in 2004, I just sold one on Ebay for $1.25. Really - a buck and a quarter - my o my, how the times do change!
    Technology bro. That's all I gotta say. My phone won't be worth $450 by June anymore. It'll drop like a bag of dirt once they release the new iPhone. It's hard to keep up with technology. There's something new released almost everyday making the new device that came out or was recently released yesterday like an absolute brick.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Haha, $1.25, doesn't it cost more than that to list it? Sad but unfortunately our devices now are obsolete in no time!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Wow, I would have just kept it as a keepsake or something. Even the next generation BBs, like the 8700 are really going cheap on ebay-used mint cond. for like $40. I wonder what my 9700 will bring in four years?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Wow, I would have just kept it as a keepsake or something. Even the next generation BBs, like the 8700 are really going cheap on ebay-used mint cond. for like $40. I wonder what my 9700 will bring in four years?

$20 BUCKS. LOL

iLord is DEAD!