I just upgraded my Verizon 7250 to version 4.0.2.41 and now get the "data connection ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

sdedson no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

7250 Data Connection Refused with v4.0.2.41

Advertisement

I just upgraded my Verizon 7250 to version 4.0.2.41 and now get the "data connection refused" message several times a day. I have narrowed the problem down to the included Bluetooth software.

If I DISABLE Bluetooth, I never get the "data connection refused" message.

If I ENABLE Bluetooth, several times a day I get the message "data connection refused." This happens with OR without a device paired to the phone.

Anyone else have this problem? Or know of a solution? I am going to try a reinstall...

Thanks,

Scott
    Last edited by sdedson; 02-06-2006 at 02:48 AM. Reason: spelling

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 7250 Data Connection Refuesed with v4.0.2.41

Data connection refused refers to your Blackberry's inability to register with the data from your Carrier. Sometimes this can be fixed with a simple restart. Assuming you have already tried this, then I would like you to try manually selecting the network and registering with it...

Follow these instructions here:

http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfa...=61&artlang=en

If it still says "data connection refused" then most likely it's Carrier related and your Blackberry isn't currently been provisioned or provisioned correctly on your Carrier's MSC for Blackberry Data service. It could also be for some reason the provisioned information for your profile on your Carrier's HRL has been reset. Once you notify them they will update you and you'll have to restart the Blackberry radio. Call them. Also be sure your OS upgrade was downloaded from Verizon's Blackberry OS download area.

Let us know if this helps and welcome to pinstack.com!

Good luck!

PIN/ID

Thanks, a restart will usually fix it but it later comes back... When I called Verizon they say my account is provisioned correctly just to reboot (soft, if fails remove battery.) And when I do it restarts fine but soon DCF again.

Yet again - if I DISABLE Bluetooth, I never get the "data connection refused" message so don't think it can be a provisioning problem...???

Is there a way to uninstall the Bluetooth and then reinstall only Bluetooth?

Thanks,

Scott

Malfo no está en línea Stack level 3

Have verizon take a look it, there might be something wrong with the unit.

Everything that's suggested in order to fix the problem is right here {From the verizon site} which you've probably done:

http://dts.vzw.guided.atomz.com/exec...0refused%22%3F

Are you doing any roaming at all?
    http://www.malfo.com

BB Pin: 203A953C ------------------Skype/AIM:MigAlfonseca

PIN/ID

Will do, thanks, and just this morning got DCR message even with Bluetooth disabled, so there goes my theory!

Scott

PIN/ID

Failed to mention, yes I travel a lot so it may roam, but all these DCR messages were in my local home area... I tried all those suggested on the

Performing a soft reset - BlackBerry = resolves it for the moment, but it DCF will come back sooner than later...

Ensure that you are in a Verizon Wireless coverage area for this service = This just started after adding the BB EVDO and upgrading to 4.0.2 and I have been in my local area/Verizone home area the whole time.

Initiating Over-The-Air activation to program your wireless device = have done that several times and all successful but make no difference, DCR comes back.

Verizon tech support wants to send me a new (reconditioned) unit to swap, but I think since it's software related I have a couple options-

Should I re-install BB OS 4.0.2 and what is the best way to do that?

Or should I upgrade to BB OS 4.1?

Thanks again,

Scott

PIN/ID

Re: 7250 Data Connection Refused with v4.0.2.41

Got escalated to second level support and they had me delete all the service books and create a new security key manually from the Destop Manager... A couple registers and *228/2's later, all seems fine. I have not had a DCR message in almost 20 hours now!

Still thinking about upgrading to 4.1 though

Malfo no está en línea Stack level 3

Glad you're back up and running!

As for 4.1, its not a must if it works fine now, but I'd definately recommend it.
    http://www.malfo.com

BB Pin: 203A953C ------------------Skype/AIM:MigAlfonseca