Hello all at pinstack - I hope I can find some answers here - I ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

mtk0720 no está en línea Stack level 1

7230 Recovery

Advertisement

Hello all at pinstack - I hope I can find some answers here - I love my blackberry but can't seem to recover it from a series of errors.

I originally had a JVM 105 error which quickly turned to a 543 error.

I used "javaloader -usb debugmode VM DLFX" and "DLPS" to try to reset those VMs and it did nothing. I could read the apps and deviceinfo/errorlog using javaloader but could not reboot the handheld.

I tried to use the desktop manager to reinstall the apps and when I did this I received an "abort exception" and highlighted "reset" window. now all the handheld will do is reset back to this window. No application loader connection, no javaloader connection. Is my blackberry dead?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Since you seem to be familiar with Javaloader, try using
    javaloader -u wipe

This will wipe everything from the device except the boot rom loader and should allow you to reload the OS.

Although I'm a command line junkie, I love JL_Cmder and tend to use as a front end to javaloader it rather than the command line for most situations.
    JerryD

mtk0720 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried that and other javaloader commands and get nothing at this point but "Connecting to device...Error: unable to open port" in the command line.

Is there a mechanical way to completely wipe/reset the device? I've tried the reset key sequence, the reset button under the battery, and removing the battery for 30 seconds... all lead to the same message on the handheld "Abort Exception" and then "Reset" highlighted.

monilovesedmond no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am having this same problem. Tried to wipe and it gives me "Error: unable to open port." ARGH! Can someone help me please?? My pearl just keeps blinking red twice and won't do anything!