Hi there. New stacker here. I have a 7230 that has been sitting in my ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

tkgeekwill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F5F200

7230 Not Booting

Advertisement

Hi there. New stacker here. I have a 7230 that has been sitting in my phone drawer for a while. I know we gave the user a new 7105t a few months back, but I don't remember the circumstances. Either way, I just picked it up and wanted to get it useable again.

At first, it started right up, I was testing out a few features then it locked up on me. I removed the battery and started it back up. It would stall at the hourglass and nothing further would show. I thought the batter had died, but alas, the battery was fully charged. I did a reset, because it still had the previous user data.

After that, it has only come up once, and then froze immediately. I cannot keep it w/o freezing long enought to update the OS. Now when I turn it on, all I get it a flashing red status light.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 7230 Not Booting

Quote Originally Posted by tkgeekwill
    Hi there. New stacker here. I have a 7230 that has been sitting in my phone drawer for a while. I know we gave the user a new 7105t a few months back, but I don't remember the circumstances. Either way, I just picked it up and wanted to get it useable again.

At first, it started right up, I was testing out a few features then it locked up on me. I removed the battery and started it back up. It would stall at the hourglass and nothing further would show. I thought the batter had died, but alas, the battery was fully charged. I did a reset, because it still had the previous user data.

After that, it has only come up once, and then froze immediately. I cannot keep it w/o freezing long enought to update the OS. Now when I turn it on, all I get it a flashing red status light.
    If you cannot get into application loader to reload the OS, I would recommend contacting your provider OR RIM to get java wipe. It will completely format the device, then you will be able to reload the OS with app loader. Best of luck!
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

matt.cts no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I have a similar problem where I only get an error 507 as soon as the battery is put in. A new OS has tried to be installed and this is what is left. I have the original disc and manual if they will be of any use to getting this 7230 up and running again. I am unsure what version of software was trying to get installed or what the original was either. It is a customer's phone, and I will send it to a repair agent anywhere in Australia if necessary. Can you please help?

Cheers,
    Matt

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Matt, click on the JVM 102 fix in my signature and that should list the steps needed to get the device wiped, reloaded and running again. Let us know if you need any help.