Hi, could you tell me, how can I upload some ringtones to my phone?... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

Wisu no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 7100v - How to upload ringtones by USB?

Advertisement

Hi, could you tell me, how can I upload some ringtones to my phone?

MWARREN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2469DF36
    When I had my 7105t the only way to up load ringtones through USB via Desktop Manager. I want to say it was in the media manager part.

But they can't be bigger then 2.9mb I think. I know there was a size limit.

~via BB8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Wisu View Post
    Hi, could you tell me, how can I upload some ringtones to my phone?
    The 7100 phones are only 32mb devices, which means they are limited to OS 4.1 and older. So they are not designed to download ringtones at all (and pictures unless you're using a 3rd party ap). However, there are a couple of hacks to get a ringtone onto your device: First (and easiest) is to borrow a friend's BlackBerry if it has OS 4.2 or newer and if it has 64mb memory. How it works: 1.) Using Desktop Manager, do a selective backup of Content Store on your friend's device. 2.) Do a selective backup of Content Store on your device. Don't get these two backups mixed up. 3.) Restore your device's Content Store to his device. 4.) Using Desktop Manager's Media Manager, download the ringtones from your computer to his device. 5.) When finished, do another Content Store backup of his handheld. 6.) Restore this last Content Store backup to your handheld, and finally 7.) Restore the original backup back to his device. Sneaky - but it always works!

The other way is similar except you would be using the device simulator instead of your friend's real Berry. Disadvantage is that it takes some downloads/setup to get it ready. Advantage is that you can get downloads OTA using the Simulator even if you don't have a data plan!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b