Finally, The old AT&T Wireless Blackberry (BB) Desktop and also handheld software downloads are now ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

4.0 Handheld software released for BB 7290! (4.0.0.219)

Advertisement

Finally,

The old AT&T Wireless Blackberry (BB) Desktop and also handheld software downloads are now discontinued. If you would like to download the new BB v4.0 Handheld and desktop applications please follow this link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Handheld 4.0 adds few new and very useful features such as, the ability to use certain BES-only applications without BES and just with regular Web Client service. (This is done via the new TCP settings used in 4.0 - Documentation can be found on RIM’s website). In addition the BB 4.0 gives users the ability to save pictures locally, save passwords/credit card #’s etc in a secure encrypted “password keeper”, the ability to attach a device to the BES environment OTA with no need for USB registering of the device onto the MS Exchange list. (Useful for traveling persons who replace a device and can’t return home to be added to BES) For new BB users there’s now a built in help/FAQ that covers all aspects of the device and its services. There are a couple more enhancements but you’ll probably find them.

Remember 4.0 is a bit more memory intensive so be wary of installing them on 16MB series models of the BB. It will work very slow if you have a lot of emails, phone logs, contacts and calendar data. The 7290 and other 32mb BB’s are best suited for v4.0. 7290 runs (4.0.274) As usual you can choose what applications are installed saving more memory.

Regards,

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod
    This is what I wanted to post. This is a cool site and I'll get a gmail invite to boot!

Wow!

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    ask
    You must register for FREE first, so we can email the FREE 1GB Gmail.com email account access info. Remember Gmail is fully compatible with the Blackberry Web Client.

aosmith Guest

...thoughts about 4.0

i thought 4.0 was going to be slower...the only time i notice it is when its checking security...this is the first WORKING link ive found...cool

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod
    Where can I find themes for the 7290?

PIN/ID
    ask

sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Where can I find themes for the 7290?
    RIM or 3rd party developers hasn't released any yet.

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4
    I just upgraded to 4.0. Works great, thanks!!!

I love the new password keeper and pictures.
    Gina-Lisa James,
    Pinstack.com – the web's #1 BlackBerry spot!
    Add Pinstack to your MySpace & twitter.com/pinstack