I just got an 8700c and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure ... Macs & MacBooks forum

blablazo no está en línea Stack level 1

Xfer of files with 8700c, OSX

Advertisement

I just got an 8700c and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to transfer files to it. I have PocketMac 4.0 and can sync fine, but I don't see my device mounted anywhere nor do I see a way to browse the device. Anyone had any success pulling this off? It seems I'm not able to transfer files via Bluetooth either, it always says the 'service not supported' or something? Any help would be much appreciated.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Xfer of files with 8700c, OSX

Welcome to pinstack. What type of files are you trying to transfer to your BB? You may need to use a different approach depending on what you are trying to do.

I was hoping to transfer some ringtones, mp3's or pictures if possible. Thanks for responding.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

blablazo,

8700 cannot transfer files via usb...your best bet is a box.net account (or something similar...) in which you upload files to, then download them thru the BB browser. Scroll down in the Mac Forum to the bottom, and there is a post I made sometime ago re: loading your own homemade ringers through a box.net account. It may be a little different now, since box.net made some changes, but I'm sure they didn't take anything away, so it should still be the same fundamentally.

If you need help, just post here, I'm sure myself or someone else will get you started.

By the way, this won't be a problem with a newer 8800 or pearl, but I too use the 8700 and there is no way to usb transfer these types of things to your BB.

Good Luck,
    ajm

What about bluetooth? When I try bluetooth file transfer it says something about a service not supported.

I understand ur frustration- no file xfer via usb or bluetooth to a Mac, barely to windoze...you will have to do I from the web...bluetooth profile isn't supported by BB for anything other than headset and some pairing- but not file xfer....

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

or if you have a memory card in your BB you can mount it in Mac like a regular drive. That is what I do, then transfer pics and mp3/m4a to it.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

8700 doesn't have micro SD card slot, so that won't work-