My PowerBook won't let me download the trial version of WinZip onto my computer to ... Macs & MacBooks forum

curve-a-licious no está en línea Stack level 1

WinZip, Mac Syncing

My PowerBook won't let me download the trial version of WinZip onto my computer to sync themes and ringtones from this site to my Curve. I've also downloaded PocketMac and connected my Curve to my PowerBook...but nothing is happening...pleasse HELPPPP!!!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: WinZip, Mac Syncing

Winzip is for windows we use stuffit on the Mac. As for loading themes pocketmac has the feature but I am not in front of my macbook so can not tell you exactly where/how

~via BB (

jbanger no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: WinZip, Mac Syncing

you can unzip zips on a mac without having to download any additional programs - what os are you running on your mac? (osx has a built-in in app specifically for this)

stay away from stuffit, try this here

you can then connect your bb, fire up pocketmac, go >utilities (in menu-bar)>install software to device

then select what you want to add and you're good to go....

may have to reboot your bb to see the theme though

i've also found that pocketmac doesn't like adding more than one theme/app to your bb at the same time so you may have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting your phone

ringtones can just be dragged and dropped onto the phone when it mounts on the desktop - no need for pocketmac for this one

i'm assuming you're running either 10.4 or 10.5 on your mac, if you're not on these, not sure how helpful the info above is?

let us know how you get on...

Last edited by jbanger; 12-11-2007 at 07:40 AM.