Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title says it all Pin stackers!! Which program is better? I've heard Missing Sync is ... Macs & MacBooks forum

Blackberry079 no está en línea Stack level 3

Which is better PocketMac or Missing Sync?

Advertisement

Title says it all Pin stackers!! Which program is better? I've heard Missing Sync is the better program because it sync's your iCal,iPhoto,iTunes,Address book, Contacts and more. Then i heard since Pocketmac is freeware when you purchase BB but lacks some of the features and function as Missing Sync has.

So people give me you opinions and let your voices be heard. I wanna be prepared for when I get a BBpearl or 8320 from T-mobile when it comes out

saeder no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Which is better PocketMac or Missing Sync?

Personally I had problems getting Pocketmac running and Missing Sync was a breeze so I haven't had a second though. My only complaint would be I can't sync over bluetooth, but then that's not a software issue that's something RIM did as far as I understand. So my vote is for Missing Sync, though I'd honestly give pocketmac a try if it meets your needs and it works, it's free, can't go wrong with that! You may also want to look at something called Spanning Sync, synchronizes Google Calendars and iCal, quite nicely.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I hadn't tried the Missing Sync til last night and opted against buying it.. From what I saw it only syncs w/ the native Mac apps (Mail, Address Book, iCal, etc) - I use Entourage (and the calendar/contacts in there) and couldn't get it to work that way.

PocketMac has been fairly reliable for me. I haven't had any issues with it, but wanted to try and compare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

Thanks saeder and his811 for the feedback! I think that Missing Sync is the better of the 2 only because i can sync all my Mac Apps onto the bbpearl or bb8320. I've done some mild research on the blackberries phones and up until now i really wanted one. I remeber when i use to hate on the RIM products until the pearl cam out. I think that was then when i changed my mind about these excellent devices. Thanks for the input as well and if anymore people has more feed back bout these applications lemme know.

ttate90303 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been using Missing Sync for a while now (originally with an MDA and now with a BBPearl) and it does work well. Yes, it syncs with Mac default apps, but I'm sure if enough folks who use Entourage contacted the developer they'd probably look to include this feature. What I would like is a native back up function similar to what is available in DM on Windows. Overall the features, speed are just fine. No real crashes at this point either on the app. Definitely recommended.

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I prefer missing sync. Been using it for a while now.

Hoping it will eventually work with Entourage. I'm pretty sure there is a new version of office for mac coming out that is Leopard compatible so I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting for that before integrating.

For now I found a program called e2sync that will send all your entourage contacts & appointments to addressbook & ical (& vice-versa). It works decently enough to keep all my office meetings on my blackberry.

Well, im more into making sure some of my music and ringtones i made on itunes is portable than my mail app and so on. But iCal if i could ever figure it out i would use it more to plan my days out better. Thanks for all the helpful feed back too

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Ahh. My life has become so much simpler and organized with ical! I really recommend it.

Try poking around this website, they should have a tutorial in there somewhere:

http://www.myfirstmac.com/index.php

larryw no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm using Missing Synch with Entourage. Works just fine; the trick is getting Synch Services hooked up and happy with the .Mac service. After that, Entourage pipes everything into iCal and AddressBook (in the background, they don't need to be running) and then MS syncs the BB. Pretty slick.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get PocketMac to play nice with Missing Synch and not kill the USB drivers so I can install apps. Any ideas how to do that other than creating a second OSX account?

thx,
    L

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

I prefer Missing Sync over Pocket Mac. I have already used both of them and based on my experience I'm pretty much acclimated with Missing Sync.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

kre8berry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I havent tried Missing Sync as of yet. Pocket Mac has been doing its job as of now for me with no issues...
    kre8berry

skymom no está en línea Stack level 1

Im not experienced with any of this but Im slowly learning, ( you can teach an old dog new tricks!). Im having a problem getting my 8830 to show up on my desktop and sync media files via usb. Pocket mac syncs all entourage, ical, ect.. and I have been able to transfer one music file with bluetooth . Should I try Missing Sync?

jeremykrall no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BD052B

I have not tried Missing Sync yet, but I think I am going to.
    I have had nothign but problems with PocketMac. Through two software versions, multiple OSX versions and two different BB's.
    The worst part was that the support was so lacking. The last time I heard from them they said they would look at the issue over the weekend, two weeks later I still had not heard anything. And this was a concern that was ongoing for five months.
    Even for free the time I wasted dealing with that program was not worth it. I even considered just using my PC to sync, but then I would be missing too much information on my Mac.

recipe0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Last night, I got Missing Sync, only to discover that it lacks that handy "Utility" pulldown menu which PocketMac has, which gives you the option to install Blackberry applications (alx files) on your Blackberry. In order to install IM+ on my Blackberry, I had to uninstall Missing Sync, re-install PocketMac, and then use that Utilities pulldown.

Thank god I only paid the upgrad price for Missing Sync (thanks to a friend who has it for her Sidekick). Still, that's $20 down the drain!

ikori no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250E821E

i have tried both, and i buyed Missinc Sync, it does all i need, contacts sync, music playlists siync with itunes, and auomatic pictures transfers in iphoto )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast