I am seriously considering a change to a Mac and I am trying to ensure ... Macs & MacBooks forum

Knocka no está en línea Stack level 1

Question VMWare Fusion and Desktop Manager

Advertisement

I am seriously considering a change to a Mac and I am trying to ensure that I will not have any obstacles that I cannot overcome. One major concern is Desktop Manager which I use to update my BB OS on a regular basis, and to delete unwanted themes, install BB Maps, etc. I have had to modify the .alx files and delete certain theme files to get the BB installed the way I want it, all as detailed in these forums. I do not want to lose this ability. I am on a BES. I also expect that I will install Outlook under the Windows installation. Now for the questions:

(1) If I install VM Ware Fusion and XP Pro, will Desktop Manager then function under the Windows installation as I have grown accustomed to?
    (2) Will my BB connect and be found normally?
    (3) Will Desktop Manager connect to the Messaging System properly if Outlook is running, as it does on a PC?

In short, will everything operate the same way under Fusion/Windows on a Mac as it currently does on my PC?

Thanks.

Bigberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: VMWare Fusion and Desktop Manager

My view would be yes, but i haven't installed VM Fusion on my Mac yet i'm thinking about it, maybe in the new year.
    In relation to your thoughts of switching to a Mac, DO IT, i thought about it for a long time and wish i had just done it, my only regret is waiting so long, in my opinion a Mac makes a PC look like something from the stone age, and it makes a PC running Vista look like a practical joke.
    Technology Took Away My Vinyl

Thanks. I actually have decided to get my kids an iMac. I am going to try it and see how it works out.

erick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ff9086

The syncing functions appear to work with VMware Fusion. However, when I tried to upgrade the BB OS with VMware Fusion it kernel Panicked my Mac every time. A Kernel Panic is the equivalent of a Blue Screen on Windows.
    The first step to curing your (Blackberry) addiction is admitting your addicted. What addiction, I don't have an addiction!!!

Are you running XP or Vista under Fusion? It seems to me that it should work.