Is anyone able to get this to work? I'm tired of running to my friends ... Macs & MacBooks forum

rileco no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2038D3B9

Thumbs down Virtual PC 7 running 2000 and BB Desktop...

Advertisement

Is anyone able to get this to work? I'm tired of running to my friends house in order to upload software that isn't OTA available. When I try on Virtual PC 7 it never recognizes the device. Any tips? Thanks!

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Virtual PC 7 running 2000 and BB Desktop...

VPC uses a virtual USB port which doesn't recognize the COM connection of the BB or DTM. Try as you may it won't work. You need a PC or an Intel Mac with Boot Camp. I use my work notebook for OS updates, pretty much all software has an OTA install option.
    Quote Originally Posted by rileco
    Is anyone able to get this to work? I'm tired of running to my friends house in order to upload software that isn't OTA available. When I try on Virtual PC 7 it never recognizes the device. Any tips? Thanks!

PIN/ID
    2038D3B9

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately a number of the apps I want don't have an OTA install option this tends to be the case with some of the more useful apps. If they did have an OTA option I wouldn't have posted this question.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

That's right. Not all software has an OTA install option.

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

In that case your going to have to fine a PC, work, bud, GF it's your only option at this point by the sounds of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rileco
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately a number of the apps I want don't have an OTA install option this tends to be the case with some of the more useful apps. If they did have an OTA option I wouldn't have posted this question.

PIN/ID
    2038D3B9

Fortunately I have my friends PC as I stated and have been using just would have been nice to get it to work with VPC. I did get it working sort of work a couple of times but it would loose the connection in mid sync and not be able to get it back...