Hey. I'm new to the forum and I am in DIRE need of help here... ... Macs & MacBooks forum

miqueena no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Smile Using PocketMac w/ Entourage, can't get notes to transfer

Advertisement

Hey. I'm new to the forum and I am in DIRE need of help here... So I have been trying my best to transfer simply 1500-2000+ word documents (not attatchments) first via iSync then PocketMac through the Stickies application on Mac. However, that only let me transfer around 1400 words. Then I discovered Entourage and put all my word docs on there in the "notes" section. When I transfered them, the titles all show up in the memos part of my BB but the entire section of each is blank!

All I need is a simple application or way to sync or transfer word documents (**not attatchments .docs, just cut and paste!) onto my BB 8800. I've had to resort to emailing but even then sometimes it gets cut off.

Is there any application out there made for Mac/BB users that is simple enough to transfer cut and paste articles/stories/WORDS!?

Please please please help. I've spent hours and days and almost week(s) trying to find a solution to this. I really appreciate any thing anyone can give me.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Using PocketMac w/ Entourage, can't get notes to transfer

Okay, there are two ways (off the top of my head) to do this, one from anywhere, not necessarily a Mac but definitely can be (and it's just good sense)...The other from Windows (not the best sense, but faster).

The way I would say to do this, is to get a box.net account for FREE w/ 1 Gig storage
    Transfer the docs to the account, the free one takes a bit longer, but for .docs no problem
    Download w/ Blackberry either in chunks or on an as need basis, this way also allows you
    to have access to the docs from any computer, making it a handy little web server. I
    even publish my iCal to it...really handy and java based for free!

The other way is with another free prgrm for BB and a plug-in for the Windows BB Desktop Manager called DynoPlex efile...this is a good program that will give you access to many kinds of docs. I find this very intensive on my BB processor, but it definitely is a business-minded solution with good File Tree-Style access. The downside of this is using Windows, and using up your Device Memory on the program AND the docs...

I highly recommend box.net- easy, quick, reliable, and you can grab the docs on an as needed basis, just try a couple before loading them all on there!

Good Luck-
    ajm

miqueena no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Re: Using PocketMac w/ Entourage, can't get notes to transfer

Quote Originally Posted by ajmctaggart
    Okay, there are two ways (off the top of my head) to do this, one from anywhere, not necessarily a Mac but definitely can be (and it's just good sense)...The other from Windows (not the best sense, but faster).

The way I would say to do this, is to get a box.net account for FREE w/ 1 Gig storage
    Transfer the docs to the account, the free one takes a bit longer, but for .docs no problem
    Download w/ Blackberry either in chunks or on an as need basis, this way also allows you
    to have access to the docs from any computer, making it a handy little web server. I
    even publish my iCal to it...really handy and java based for free!

I highly recommend box.net- easy, quick, reliable, and you can grab the docs on an as needed basis, just try a couple before loading them all on there!

Good Luck-
    ajm
    I used the box.net route on my computer and it worked flawlessly! However, I went to box.net and logged in on my BB and it says that I have not created any files and none could be found on my account, however, on my computer it shows everything is just fine and all the files I uploaded are in their proper folders... please help!