Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cool, I just got this working. Posting from the EDGE connction now. Thanks for posting ... Macs & MacBooks forum

Island3r no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249FFD2A

Re: Use your Pearl as a BT Modem under OS X

Advertisement

Cool, I just got this working. Posting from the EDGE connction now. Thanks for posting this and thanks to all the troubleshooters!

j.squires_photo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250b9cb0

Smile Re: Use your Pearl as a BT Modem under OS X

Thank you sooooo much for the such great instruction! I am in the Army and am always out in the field with no internet connection available but since I connected my 8100 via bluetooth, it works very well. Again, thanks so much!!!

peralta775 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C2A32

For those of you who have had trouble connecting who are on T-Mobile, I reverted back from the newest OS to T-Mobile's OS and now it is working just fine. I haven't had any drops and no issues initializing a connection.

geelexus no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anyone have these instructions somewhere else or could someone explain this to me, because when I try to go to the blog at fibble.org it gives me an error page. I just got a macbook lastnight and was so excited to try this out. I'd really appriciate any help, thanks!

xavier210 no está en línea Stack level 1

ANyone have the APN / user all that infor for sprint?

skywaterbanjo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31809CE7

I downloaded the scripts, installed as instructed, but am unable to connect with those scripts. I am able to connect with the "other" modem setting (Verizon Support PC5220).

Where do I access the speed information?

cjenks1117 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have tried to add my Sprint Pearl to my mac as a modem, I get all the way to where you have to enter in the username and passwork and it will not let me continue. For Sprint I know you have to leave the username and password fields blank and use #777. I have tried to redownload the script, by right-clicking and saving as, but it always seems to have a .txt extension. Anyone have any ideas on what the issue might be?

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186

I tried that script and couldn't get it to work anyway, I've got an alltel 8130 and used the WWAN Support script on my G3 iBook and the pearl connected first try and was smoother than my USB datacard for speed.

korosif no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi,

I was looking for help on that same topic. I founded this one and it worked so well on my Macbook and Pearl 8130.

«Hi All, I just managed to get the 8830 working with my MacBook. This is the TELUS firmware version, but should work similarly for VZ.

Basically Pair the phone and set it up as a modem as follows:
    - Enter in the dial up number, for TELUS this happens to be #777 (not sure if you actually need that number or not, as the BB might have the dial in info already).
    - No username and password.
    - Select the following modem driver: au cdmaOne Bluetooth Adapter (not sure where that came from, but it's likely comes with the OS
    - go ahead and connect!!

You will know it's working since on the BB it will say something like "Modem Mode Enabled" along the top of the display right under the battery indicator.

I only surfed for a little while, but it was plenty fast, and seemed to work great!

Good luck and hope this helps!

8830 as bluetooth modem macbook»

Good luck !

finlandboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thought I'd let everyone know that I found instructions a while back to tether my pearl 8130 to my mac through usb and I swear I had atleast 500ks UP and around 200ks DN, but a I updated my mac and now it won't work, but sucks that bluetooth is so much slower... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

finlandboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wait switch the upload and download speeds from the post above, ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

paulyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm new to Mac's and I have the new MacBook Pro with a BB Curvr 8310 ATT. I finally managed to secure the modem connection from the BB to the Mac, but it's fairly slow. Sometimes a speed test will show 200 kbps, but when I download a file it is very slow @ about 20 kbps. Is there any way to change the selection for modem speed in the Mac? All of the directions that I've found so far are for the old OS. Any help from some of you Mac gurus would be greatly appreciated
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cthiel53 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hey everyone,
    Quick question for you. I've got my curve to tether to my pc via usb with no problems. My girlfriend is having issues tethering her pearl to her macbook pro via bluetooth. Is it possible to attach to the mac via usb as I've done on my pc?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123