Hi everyone, I've searched for sites similar to this for nearly every phone I've ever ... Macs & MacBooks forum

AdamC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM Me

Upgrading OS on a Mac?

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I've searched for sites similar to this for nearly every phone I've ever owned, and am pleased to say that this is more active than any I've found! So thanks for having me, and any help you can provide. I've noticed to upgrade the software in my BB 8130 (or any other model for that matter) you need to download the application Desktop Manager, which appears to be Windows only. When I installed the CD that came with my 8130, I installed an application called PocketMac SyncManager which really helps with my address book and calendars, however it doesn't look like I can upgrade my phone's software with this app. Do I need to get my mitts on a windows box in order to upgrade from 4.3.0.71?

Thanks,
    Adam

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Short answer is yes.

Longer answer is...if you have access to a copy of windows, you can install via Boot Camp or Parallels and run DM.

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The above post is supposed to be true but my Mac won't recognize my 8310 with windows via parrallel.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'm sorta in the same boat with my Linux box. I can pretty much do everything except upgrade the OS and load apps.
    RIM really needs to get on the ball and realize not everyone uses Windows.

stewea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    headed
    I use VMWare, and it works well, but I don't use Missing Sync or PocketMac. Make sure you have the latest version of Parallels, and DO NOT plug in your BB until Windows is completely up and running. Also, if you have PocketMac installed, it's agent may be "hijacking" the BB's USB connection before Parallels realizes a BB is plugged in. If so, open Activity Monitor (in Utilities folder in Applications), and quit any PocketMac apps running. You may need to re-boot Windows/Parallels. The PocketMac apps will come back up when you reboot your Mac.

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The above post is supposed to be true but my Mac won't recognize my 8310 with windows via parrallel.
    Really? I've even upgraded to 4.5 with mine. You have to plug the BB in after you start Parallels. Then it will ask you if you want the USB device to be recognized by Windows, choose yes.