Has any Mac user updated the OS on their Blackberry using a Windows computer? I ... Macs & MacBooks forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Updating The Blackberry Os As A Mac User

Advertisement

Has any Mac user updated the OS on their Blackberry using a Windows computer? I have an 8700g with T-Mo running OS 4.1.0.284 and I'm considering updating to the new OS that is posted on the T-Mobile site. My questions:

Does this update process mess with any of my data or existing 3rd Party applications? Is there a risk that I would have to start over (i.e. add my apps back in, transfer over my data again) or is this just a simple, easy process. Is this update worth the effort and risk?

I ask because up until now I have had no problems at all and I have at least a half dozen 3rd party apps, thousands of contacts, a busy schedule, etc. AND I sync easily with PocketMac4 with no issues except those noted by many others.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3
    wclyffe,
    You shouldn't have too many problems, as far as I know. One thing is the BookMark app that you get from PocketMac will definitely get erased, no way around that yet. But everything else will back itself up and reload upon upgrade of the OS...Worst Case scenario would be to back up everything on your BB to the Backup and Restore feature on your Windoze box...That way, if anything is messed up beyone repair, you just revert back...Good Luck

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ajmctaggart
    wclyffe,
    You shouldn't have too many problems, as far as I know. One thing is the BookMark app that you get from PocketMac will definitely get erased, no way around that yet. But everything else will back itself up and reload upon upgrade of the OS...Worst Case scenario would be to back up everything on your BB to the Backup and Restore feature on your Windoze box...That way, if anything is messed up beyone repair, you just revert back...Good Luck
    ajmctaggart, thanks for the tips....have you, or do you know anyone that has done this incremental update..is it worth any new features or security? I think it's 4.1.0.346 and I will not do it if there is not much to gain.