I hate to ask questions since 90% of the time I find the answer through ... Macs & MacBooks forum

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

Updating OS through Parallels

Advertisement

I hate to ask questions since 90% of the time I find the answer through searching but Ive got a MBP with Leopard and XP in parallels. XP isnt a bootcamp install but a virtual machine. I can connect my 9530 to BBDM just fine and it will sync and go on about its business but I cannot update my OS.

When I try and do an install (using Loader and DM) it will blaze right through the device backup and then it will never connected to the JVM. Ive tried numerous times to get it to work and I havent a clue as to what could be holding it up.

Anyone have an idea?

bjk.qaz no está en línea Stack level 2
    I not using Parallels anymore (using Fusion) but I've run into the same issue. I'm the BES admin at my office and I've tried to update many many blackberries with zero success. I have to use boot camp to get the OS to install on the blackberries.

If you get a fix to that, please let us know.

Good Luck.

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by bjk.qaz View Post
    I not using Parallels anymore (using Fusion) but I've run into the same issue. I'm the BES admin at my office and I've tried to update many many blackberries with zero success. I have to use boot camp to get the OS to install on the blackberries.

If you get a fix to that, please let us know.

Good Luck.
    i had the same problem with fusion and figured out what was wrong. when you are in the update process u need fusion to be active application the whole time or else it wont reconnect properly. if you go into windowed mode in fusion, the bottom taskbar of the window will show you what devices are connected. the USB symbol that is for the blackberry needs to either have a black background to it, or the symbol itself be black. you dont necessarily need to be in fusion the whole time, but at least right before any time it is going to initialize the Blackberry or connect to the JVM you need to have fusion as the active window.