Can anyone figure out how to update our BB since the updates are in .exe ... Macs & MacBooks forum

kosherdill34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB0172

Update for pearl

Advertisement

Can anyone figure out how to update our BB since the updates are in .exe format. I am trying to unlock my themes and update my software. Can anyone help....

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Update for pearl

In order to Update your BB you need to download the software to your PC(The .exe. you talk of) then install it on your PC.

Now that the OS is installed on your PC start Desktop Manager and connect your BB via USB, you should now be prompted to update given that the OS you downloaded is from your carrier.

If the OS you downloaded is from another carrier you need to do a search for "Vendor.xml" (without quotes) on your PC and delete it. Always remember it will not mess up your BB to install another carriers OS however you own provider could turn you down for support.

If you are running windows and didnt change the install directory when installing the new OS(Update) the Vendor.xml file should be located here:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

As for unlocking themes look here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...+vendor+themes

PIN/ID
    23EB0172

thanks dfc420, but however I am useing a MAC and since we can not use .exe files it is going to be alittle hard to do it that way, I was hoping for someone to guide me useing a mac. Thanks

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah well no Mac experience here but maybe try running windows parallels or Bootcamp to get this update done.

PIN/ID
    23EB0172

Yeah, kinda worried about bootcamp or V PC as I have herd horrer stories.
    i will have to figure something out, as I have gotten it loaded on my work pc but i dont have the program here to upload to my bb. But thanks for the help.

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

What's in the update? Is it worth it?

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Update for pearl

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    What's in the update? Is it worth it?
    Apparently, not too much. Though there probably are underlying items that none of us can see that should make the OS more stable. That said, if your phone is working well now, maybe not upgrading is the best plan.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

kosher, PM doesn't do .exe installs yet. No friends w/ a pc? If not, your best bet will be Kinkos or Mail Boxes Etc...maybe even a local cafe. About 5 bucks worth of your time on one of their machines, and you've got your new OS. (Just backup before hand so your personal info doesn't get backed up onto a public pc!) It's lame for a mac owner, i know. But what other choice is there if not Bootcamp...Parallels or VPC won't work anyway, don't even bother...