I've read pretty far back and could not find my answer so here is my ... Macs & MacBooks forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Uninstalling apps w/PocketMac

Advertisement

I've read pretty far back and could not find my answer so here is my question.

I have two applications i have installed using PocketMac via .alx file. I need to remove (uninstall them) but I'm not able to. They work just fine but I no longer need them. When I attempt to uninstall them via the phone they are not listed in the Applications area. When I try to use PocketMac they are listed and when I try to uninstall them nothing happens.

Does anyone know of a way to remove these applications?

Maybe I should try to install them again using the Desktop Manager and see if that allows me to remove them?

Any ideas?

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had this problem myself with PocketMac - and it is why I have said MANY times that RIM needs to come into the 21st century and make software compatible with Mac. But you are either going to have to ignore it (which is not advisable as it takes up memory ) or have to go about the VERY long means of removal which includes backing up your data, wiping your Blackberry to its initial state, and reinstalling the applications that you DO want.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...I know it sucks. But PocketMac is FAR from perfect, and until RIM decides to do something, we Mac users (who choose to use the smarter computer system) are screwed.

P.S. I recommend MissingSync for syncing - MUCH better!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    For anyone who may also have this problem in the future, here is what I had to do in order to fix this issue.

I installed the same applications via the desktop manager on a Windows box. Then i also used the Desktop Manager to uninstall them.

Seems simple but not if you don't have access to a PC.

Hope this helps someone down the road.