the problem with going to verizon is that true mac owners have the problem with ... Macs & MacBooks forum

aunkster no está en línea Stack level 2

true mac owners

Advertisement

the problem with going to verizon is that true mac owners have the
    problem with syncing..you can try to tell me about pocket mac or
    missing sync but both are junk..if you are a true mac owner and want a
    smart phone the only choice that you really have is the iphone with
    AT&T.

those two programs that I mentioned above cause problems,only work
    sometimes,only work with certain programs.

its a nightmare for Mac owners with any other smartphone other than
    the iphone.

Blackberry owners have been complaining from the beginning that rim
    needs to develop a mac desktop program but it seems that rim wants
    nothing to do with it .

This surprises me because I honestly think that because of AT&T's poor
    business ethic with apple that many iphone owners would jump over to a
    blackberry.

Allan
    Iphone 3g

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    personally i think your opinion is a little overboard....but that is my opinion i guess!! haha.

i have NEVER had a problem with pocket mac, i've been a 'true mac owner' for almost 10 years. i remember being stoked when it was announced that itunes was going to be on that motorola way back when....etc.

i like the iphone...it's...ok. or at least to me. i like the physical keyboard that my 8900 (and bb's before) offer me. it could also be that i have been on a full qwerty physical keyboard for YEARS and i don't like change, but whatever. i like to not have to be looking at my phone the entire time i'm typing...or having to look back to edit or whatever.

to each thier own, but to say both pocket mac and missing sync are a nightmare if you are mac owner is a bit much.

i love me BB, it does everything i need it to....so again, to each thier own.

just my .02

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I have to agree with the OP on the DM software and a Mac. It should be no different than the PC version at minimum. I gave up and installed Windows on one of my Macs to solve the problem. That even became a headache after awhile, syncing Contacts, Calendar events etc was a fight. It should not be work to have your Phone information the same as your computer. I retired the best Blackberry I've ever had (The Bold) and went back to a different phone.

I could also understand if things were new but there has been enough time pass by to where RIM would have a Mac version of the DM.

The only way to update your Blackberry hand held software is to use a PC or to run Windows on a Mac and use the DM.

So i feel the pain of the OP.

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I have to agree with the OP on the DM software and a Mac. It should be no different than the PC version at minimum. I gave up and installed Windows on one of my Macs to solve the problem. That even became a headache after awhile, syncing Contacts, Calendar events etc was a fight. It should not be work to have your Phone information the same as your computer. I retired the best Blackberry I've ever had (The Bold) and went back to a different phone.

I could also understand if things were new but there has been enough time pass by to where RIM would have a Mac version of the DM.

The only way to update your Blackberry hand held software is to use a PC or to run Windows on a Mac and use the DM.

So i feel the pain of the OP.
    i agree with the part that it should be no different that the pc version. However, i was just posting to say that for me it hasn't been a nightmare and that seemed like a bit much to me. by comparison, yes, the mac options suck, but hasn't it always been like that for us mac users and programs that were made for the PC first??

....and trust me, i feel the pain too, i guess i have just never gotten to the point where i'd say that as a mac user, the iphone is the ONLY phone that makes sense to use.
    Last edited by aldie; 06-13-2009 at 03:45 PM.

brooklynhype no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2469fda8
    Just my two cents, but he is absolutely right about the utter lack of mac support for the BB. RIM has an outstanding product here, but the lack of mac support leaves me baffled. Those two programs also listed are garbage, I have tried to "put up" with them. I won't, simply put. There should be a DM that is equal to the PC version plain and simple. Why go through all the trouble to develop a media sync on the mac but no DM. Sound off guys ... RIM needs to see this.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Word has it that RIM are working on DM for Macs. Patience, my friends.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I read that also, I think I read it last year tho.
    Actually I did read that and It's slated to be released in 09 from what I recall.
    Lets hope it happens.