I am having trouble moving pictures from my mac to my BB. I have enabled ... Macs & MacBooks forum

sagebrandon no está en línea Stack level 1

Trouble moving pictures to BB media card

Advertisement

I am having trouble moving pictures from my mac to my BB. I have enabled mass storage and have no trouble at all dragging mp3 files from my music folder on my mac to my BB (media card) but when I try to do the same with pictures, it keeps giving me an error message. Anyone else experience this and know how to fix it?

larryw no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Trouble moving pictures to BB media card

What's the error message?

sagebrandon no está en línea Stack level 1

OK, I got the pics moved to the media card but can't view them on the phone. I sent a couple pics via bluetooth and they show up fine. When I explore the media card, the files are there but when I try to open them it say unable to display file. The pics that I sent via bluetooth also have a different colored icon when I explore the media card. The pics from bluetooth that show up have a purple colored icon and the pics I transferred on my computer have a white colored icon. Any ideas?

Any ideas? Yeah, several...

Anyhoo, to your question. What application are you using on the BB to view these? Can you open all the files on your Mac? How big are they (gigantic images may overflow whatever BB tool your using's memory)?

From your Mac, browse to the correct folder the BB media card. Get info on the file you can open (click once, File menu -> Get Info): what kind is it, GIF, JPEG? Same question for the ones you can't.

Do the files have an extension like jpj or gif (picture.jpg)? If not, add the appropriate extension and try again.

Are they some oddball file format? Stick to the basics: jpg and gif

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i'm having a similar problem with my 8800. Using mass storage, the bb mount fine. Drop a pic (jpg) in the pic folder. I can see the file and open it on the mac but the bb will not see it.

When you say "won't see it", what do you mean? The BB application you're using doesn't list is as available, or it pukes when trying to open the image? What BB app are you using?

Details, MAN, I need DETAILS!!!

PIN/ID
    2104929D

"won't see it" is that when I use the BBmedia app that came with my 8800, and navigate to the folder I placed the pic in, there is no file there. The BB cannot see the file.
    I connected the 8800 to my Macbook via USB cable, enable mass storage when asked by the BB, BB mounts to my desktop normally, take .jpg and drag to the pictures folder in the mounted BB.

portorikan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C1BB14

that's weird. I don't think I've had that issue before. Maybe you should try reformating your card and then try the photos again. I'm on an 8830 and haven't had issues when transferring from a G4 imac.

PIN/ID
    2104929D

I got it sorted. The malfunction was between the seat and keyboard. I was putting the pics in the wrong folder.
    Thanks for the help though.