Anyone try the Pearl but miss QWERTY too much only to return to the 87xx? ... Macs & MacBooks forum

bbmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23A4788C

Tried Pearl but gone back to 87xx???

Advertisement

Anyone try the Pearl but miss QWERTY too much only to return to the 87xx? I'm struggling with this right now. Although my sights are set on the 8800, which is probably 6 months away. I'm with Rogers.

Any comments or perspective would help.
    PIN anytime: 23A4788C

Using Torch on Telus in Canada.

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

Re: Tried Pearl but gone back to 87xx???

No qwerty keyboard is one of the main reasons i wouldn't get the pearl.I love my 7520.Wll use it till it dies.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I would wait for the 8800 it's too close to it's release to leave a pearl and go to a 8700, the 8800 will give you the perks of the 8100 Pearl with the full qwerty keyboard.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I use a pearl and an 8700. The 8700 is still the work horse. The pearl is more like a toy.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

I am sure the Pearl is awesome, but QWERTY is a must for me. I would wait.

slboettcher no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried a client's Pearl and then stopped my order.
    The 8700 is hard enough - I have big hands, but add the funky keyboard, and I had to say no.

The 8800 coming in the spring should meld the two nicely together, and I"ll go that way.

Scott

PIN/ID
    23A4788C

There is an important factor I have to take into consideration. "Sure-Type" is not as efficient as one might think if you are a regular user (typer) of multiple languages. My reality is that every day, I communicate in both French and English, heck sometimes even in Italian. Sure Type doesn't deliver on the other languages as well as it does in English. Remember I can't reset my default language, becaue my default language is actually 3 of them!

Unless I missed something....QWERTY is the way to go.

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

i absolutely love my pearl. it's the best phone i have ever owned, and the call quality is just worlds apart from my 8700. but i do more of my business by calling than typing.

so, 3 languages? i'd say stick with the 8700. unfortunately, suretype can get annoying. i may switch my pearl to multitap and really build those thumb muscles...

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Depends on how much email you are going to be doing. I had to get rid of my 8700 because the temptation was to read and answer each one of my emails during the day--which for my job was non-essential. My email was duplicated on my laptop in the office. It was slowing me down.

So if you are email first, then pda, then phone--the 8700 is the device.

If you are phone first, then pda, then email as nice adjunct and you don't have to answer email immediately or want to have an excuse not to--the 8100 is swanky.

I was afraid of the sure type but it hasn't been bad at all for me. Plus it syncs flawlessly as does the 8700 with all my macs. Add .Mac syncing and we are converged, baby!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

they keyboard was a lil hard to get used to but still it works just as good as an 8700. You dont have to double click the keys or anything to type a message. Just click the letter on the key and it may look a lil gibberish but the correct word will show up when it figures out what your trying to type. You can edit the saved words too so the BB knows different words then the ones pre programmed.

A full QWERTY keyboard would be cool. but ive yet to have difficult with my 8100 yet.

-J

PIN/ID
    23A4788C

well, I've made my switch back officially, (in case you couldn't tell from my avatar). typing in both english and french is much easier with full QWERTY....

Pedrobook no está en línea Stack level 1
    I type emails regularly in both english and spanish (heck, often both languages in a single email) and the two-letter-per-key layout on the 7130c works much better for me than the Treo's full qwerty ever did.

Since the keys are much easier to hit, I can usually type much faster on it than I did on the Treo. Switching languages is a snap and suretype is as good in Spanish as it is in English.

Of course, the biggest advantage of the layout is that the device is more compact.

I would have gotten a Pearl, but my carrier does not sell it.

PIN/ID
    23A4788C
    I know some spanish and if my memory serves me correctly you don't use accents do you? in French, they are many....