I am new to backing-up & synching. The trackwheel on my 8700 stopped working, and ... Macs & MacBooks forum

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3

Total back-up with PocketMac?

Advertisement

I am new to backing-up & synching. The trackwheel on my 8700 stopped working, and T-Mobile is sending me a new phone under warrenty. They suggest a total backup to a Windows PC with BB desktop software, as they say this will allow me to retain all the programs & ringtones I have downloaded into the phone, and put them in my new phone painlessly. I know PocketMac will copy my contacts, but will it do everything, like the BB desktop software? Thanks

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Total back-up with PocketMac?

Make sure you use the lasted version of PMAC. I think it's version 4.0. I've never used. To be save I would back it up via both if you can. Someone else with Mac and BB experience may be able to help a bit more.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Total back-up with PocketMac?

I would say your best bet is to use Windows- based desktop manager. I have only Macs at home, but a score of XP machines at work that I have at my disposal. I have backed up and reloaded on so many BB's through the Windows Desktop Manager, I feel it is almost full-proof way of keeping your info. I think if you want to back up with PM 4.0, make sure option to backup to .Mac is off, back it up directly to your computer. Still wouldn't trust it though. The mapping of information is perfected with Windows OS, this is the first time Rim has offered any assistance mapping BB to Mac OS, and it shows.

Hope this helps,
    AJM

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3
    UPDATE: PocketMac is good for contacts and other isolated data, but Desktop Manager copies everything, except 3rd party apps and themes.