Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I also have a MacBook Pro (upgraded from PowerBook G4 and an old very colorful ... Macs & MacBooks forum

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7

Re: Thinking of getting a MAC!

Advertisement

I also have a MacBook Pro (upgraded from PowerBook G4 and an old very colorful iMac before that).

It's far superior to any of the Windows-based machines we've had. The only drawback I had was that my office's remote access software was that AT&T Global Dialer (ughhh!!) with the RSA Token. Plus for my graduate school statistics course, they only gave us the Windows version of MiniTab. I used Parallels with WinXP and it ran flawlessly. And for what I used Windows for, the performance was excellent.

So like everyone else here, I would highly recommend a switch to the Mac. And-- Apple just released updated MacBooks-- which are great for the $.

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

~via BB
    I is an ibook and am very happy. I also use a Dell laptop for work and sync between both laptops and the BB. On the new Intel Macs, installing stuff is much easier, boot camp or paralells let's you install apps from windows and everything else throug OSx. Make sure you figure out if there are any windows only apps that you use and look for the Mac equivilents for everything else before, so you know what to expect. (wap.pinstack.com)~

pedroza no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F123C7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Mac is great. I will never go back even though software is scarce at least it works.

PIN/ID
    24A085F7

Quote Originally Posted by pedroza
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Mac is great. I will never go back even though software is scarce at least it works.
    I agree that there are more titles available for Windows, but you can pretty much get some sort of equivalent application for the Mac-- MacOffice, OpenOffice, FileMaker, Oracle, etc.

Granted, if Microsoft pulls the plug on Mac Office, it might create some concerns, but with Pages, Keynote (and hopefully a spreadsheet app coming soon??), the gaps get filled. Plus, with Google Apps, the world will move to shared/online apps anyway I guess...

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I've never come across Windows app that I couldn't find an equivilent for on the Mac - actually, I'd say I've used Mac apps and looked for something similiar in Windows and couldn't find it!

The stuff is out there, you just need to know where to look, have good forums, etc...

As far as Microsoft pulling Office, I don't see that happening.. if OS X does well, they want to have something on that platform they can sell and profit from...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

Mac is the best platorm I ever used. Now that I've swithced to a mac, my pc eats the dust. Put the BB aside for the start and imagine what mac can do for you. Ease of use and fuss free, I'm a digital media designer and most popular software are also available for a mac. Plus I'm using pocketmac to sync my BB and expect future sync software gonna be more compatible with mac. Go for it, now wif intel mac, u can call up a PC anytime. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I've been a Mac user for 7 years now and very happy. Go for it and enjoy the good life!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24A085F7

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    As far as Microsoft pulling Office, I don't see that happening.. if OS X does well, they want to have something on that platform they can sell and profit from...
    I agree... I don't think they'd do it anytime soon; but the loss of market-share to Apple (or other platforms-- GoogleApps, etc), would cause them to "encourage" migration back to Windows through not offering support of other platforms. Though along the lines of the GoogleApps school of thought may indicate a possibility that everyone migrates away from OS-specific applications and invests in creating shared, online documents that work over the web regardless of OS.

axisemcee no está en línea Stack level 1

ive had my mac for about 10 months and no problems and ive owned two black berrys the 7100 and now the pearl.....and i find it the best way to syn is with pocket mac

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12