Ok, so I have Vista Ultimate running and when I use bootcamp and fully in ... Macs & MacBooks forum

optserenity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA0DDE

Tether 8700 to Vista via VMWare?

Advertisement

Ok, so I have Vista Ultimate running and when I use bootcamp and fully in vista, its not a problem to tether and get online. However, I can't seem to do it when in VMWare Fusion on the same vista partition.

How do you guys do it? Have you been able to when in windows via parallels or vmware?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: Tether 8700 to Vista via VMWare?

Some of there software does not allow USB Devices to run, I use ESX @ work and that is the case with that. That might be the issue, I would look on there website and see if Fusion supports USB. If not that is the problem. I know the free version of VMWare Server does support it on Windows but, I do not know about MAC.

OK so it is suppose to support USB but, as it is in beta I would say that it is still a work in progress. I would look through the VMWare forums about it and weather it is having problem. Which version of the Desktop Manager are you using? I am finding in other places that others are not having problems but, they are using XP and not Vista too.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 06-29-2007 at 12:15 PM.

optserenity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA0DDE

Re: Tether 8700 to Vista via VMWare?

Its the latest version of the fusion beta. It works with other usb devices, but not with the blackberry.

I'm running the latest version of desktop manager also. 4.2.2 I think?