Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by zentient I've done some digging around and wonder if the following procedure ... Macs & MacBooks forum

ronin2046 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Sync BlackBerry with Mac - Pocketmac

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zentient
    I've done some digging around and wonder if the following procedure is a way to update the BB OS using PocketMac? I cannot confirm or deny if this works (I don't even have my BB yet!), and so don't try it yet unless you know what you're doing.

Apparently this patch is a ".alx" file, so why wouldn't this work for other .alx files? I don't know if this is a viable "OS upgrade" path, but it might allow Mac users to at least modify and load vendor themes or other .alx based files onto their BB's.
    Sounds interesting...

Thankfully, I have an Intel Mac and use Parallels to install themes, updates, apps, etc...

investore no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Sync BlackBerry with Mac and PC? - Pocketmac

I too like neilphin have a similar situation with my PC at work, and Mac at home. I've been syncing my Pearl to my PC for the past month, and just realized I can sync this to my MAC! I just DL'd pocketmac, but it wont allow me to set ADVANCED PREFERENCES. I want to use my BB as the main source, and overwrite my PC and MAC since I'm always updating my BB first. When i click the ADVANCED PREFERENCES, it wont take me to the options where i can select overwrite.... any suggestions?
    InveSTORE.net
    In Foreclosure?
    Need 2 Sell?
    No Equity?

DreaMajor no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Sync BlackBerry with Mac - Pocketmac

My experience with a Pearl and PocketMac is this: It took about 25 tries before I could sync. For me, what finally made it work was (1) setting PocketMac to "overwrite the device" (the phone), and (2) syncing only one program at a time (e.g., first Address Book, then iCal, etc.). Now it syncs Address Book, iCal, Tasks and Notes all at once with no problem, and reasonably quickly, regardless of whether I am overwriting the phone or 2-way syncing. (I have never wanted to overwrite my computer so I have never tried that variation.) I do have a .Mac account, and so I do not know personally whether (as advertised) not having one makes no difference. Also, although I have MS Office, I do not use Entourage or the other available sync options on PocketMac, but use the Apple programs. I use imap email, so I do not have to sync email, and the Pearl receives several imap email accounts without problem. (Except that I cannot play voicemail wav files sent as email attachments, but this is a Blackberry problem, not a PocketMac issue.)

investore no está en línea Stack level 1

DreaMajor,
    Cool thanks for your input! I cant get my "ADVANCED PREFERENCES" to open up. I click on the button, but it wont open the next window so I can select my options... Any suggestions onthat?
    InveSTORE.net
    In Foreclosure?
    Need 2 Sell?
    No Equity?

Juliejam no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ronin2046
    Sounds interesting...

Thankfully, I have an Intel Mac and use Parallels to install themes, updates, apps, etc...

I have an Intel Mac too. How do you use Parallels to do installs? I've never done that before.
    You can't reason with crazy...

AndrewDorset no está en línea Stack level 1

8700c

Anyone getting PocketMac to sync 8700c with an Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro?

What am I missing? I've tried several times with no luck. Thanks for any suggestions

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

OK What am I doing wrong? I have had problems syncing since the OS X 10.4.9 upgrade. Yesterday I received an email from PocketMac about the new 4.0.20 update.

When I run the program and click "about PocketMac SyncManager" I see ver 1.0.9???
    I have uninstalled, then wiped out everything I could find on the HDD to do with PocketMac. Downloaded the file again and started over.

It appears all is going well then before the very end the sync, the connection to my iBook or my iMac will break off. The graphic on the BB showing the computer and BB linked by a USB cable goes away. I am left at the home screen on the BB and no sync has taken place. I am sure because outgoing emails from the BB do not show in Entourage and I have added contacts in the address book as well that don't show.

Before OS X 10.4.9 Pocketmac did work. I use to get some quirky error about time format. The BB and the Mac are both set to the same time zone and I have installed the DST patch on my BB months ago. I even gave someone else here advice and he got it going!!! LOLOL!!!

Anyone have an idea? Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by iMacj; 04-20-2007 at 04:46 PM.

miqueena no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

BB does not show up when plugged in

I paid for the full version of PM pro and then I already had the free PM Sync, and I used to just plug in my device via USB while using the free PM SyncManager and it worked just fine. The only odd thing that I didn't understand was that when I plugged the USB cord into the phone, a little prompt thing would come up asking if I would like to temporarily disable mass storage mode; I've chosen both options, yes and no, but I never saw any change in anything.

Also, when I used to use the original/free version, when the USB was plugged in the screen would turn gray with a computer connected to another device with "Desktop --" something, and it stayed that way until I unconnected the device from the USB.

However, now I'm trying to use both (preferably the PRO) and I've used about 4 different usb cords (2 of which came with the phone, 2 others which are the exact same shape but did not come with the phone) --- but I still cannot get my Blackberry to show up or be visible to my computer.

PLEASE HELP ME! Do I have to switch a setting in the BB itself? Is it the comp's fault? HELP!

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Re: BB does not show up when plugged in

As you can see from my post above yours i am having similar issues. I too orginally purchased PM and things worked OK at that time. Eventually it became free with newer options so, I switched over to the newer free version.

The gray screen you describe was a pic of your computer linked to your BB and mine usually stayed that way until PM was finished synching.

The mass storage question is simply whether or not you want to access the SD microcard in your BB as an external disk connected to your Mac. If you say yes a small icon should appear on tyhe screen and you can transfer files to and from the SD card / Mac.
    If you say no you will not see the icon appear on your Mac desktop. I was not able to sync if I said yes.

However, Everything would work fine after that. Since the Mac OS X 10.4.9 update I can not sync my BB to my Mac anymore. Everything appears OK at first and then the connection breaks and the PM appears to still be syncing but nothing is happening.

If you find out anything post here. Wish I could tell you more.

NoahNoah no está en línea Stack level 1

i've seen a ton of great themes for the Pearl on this site, but i dont think i can download them with Pocket Mac....does anyone know how to do it using a Mac??

Or do i have to use a PC to get it done??

wch
    wch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me

There have been some questions about how to answer the mass storage question when using PocketMac. From the PM knowledgebase:

When you put the card in the Pearl, the Pearl formats it and makes a BlackBerry folder, and then under that, a folder for each of the media types. When you attach that to the Mac, the Pearl will ask if you want to use it as a mass storage device. Always (ALWAYS) answer YES to that question.

If you don't answer, or answer No, the Mac has trouble letting go of the mass memory on the Pearl and the Mac can actually lock itself up. So answer YES right when you hook up the Pearl.

I found this out the hard way... by answering "no" and having my 8800 lock up. Answering yes seems to be required no matter what you are doing!
    if you are going to skate on thin ice you may as well dance.

pksee no está en línea Stack level 1

After multiple attempts to sync the BB Curve (8300) with my MacBook (Intel) Pro (OS 10.4.10) using PocketMac for Blackberry Version 1.0.9 (according to "About SyncManager", although it says v 4.0.2 on the Blackberry site when you download), I have only succeeded in wiping out all data on both Entourage and iCal calendars on my laptop. Contacts sync OK.

The only successful 2-way sync was to replicate recurring annual events (holidays/birthdays), which replicate on the BB with every sync. Removing these dups on the BB ended up removing everything on the laptop. Uninstalling and re-installing PocketMac did not work. Doing a full device overwrite of the laptop, and only syncing the calendar (not contacts), did not work either.

As I have also had a number of random crashes of the BB (not while syncing), the Cingular/ATT folks think I might have a defective device.

How do I (A) back-up the calendar data on the device, (B) migrate all the calendar data from the BB back to iCal (or Entourage) and (C) not wipe my BB clean to start over, as there will be no data at all with two empty calendar programs. Cannot afford lose all this data before I have to trade in the month-old Curve for another one.

Thanks for any tips/help.

saeder no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by pksee
    After multiple attempts to sync the BB Curve (8300) with my MacBook (Intel) Pro (OS 10.4.10) using PocketMac for Blackberry Version 1.0.9 (according to "About SyncManager", although it says v 4.0.2 on the Blackberry site when you download), I have only succeeded in wiping out all data on both Entourage and iCal calendars on my laptop. Contacts sync OK.

The only successful 2-way sync was to replicate recurring annual events (holidays/birthdays), which replicate on the BB with every sync. Removing these dups on the BB ended up removing everything on the laptop. Uninstalling and re-installing PocketMac did not work. Doing a full device overwrite of the laptop, and only syncing the calendar (not contacts), did not work either.

As I have also had a number of random crashes of the BB (not while syncing), the Cingular/ATT folks think I might have a defective device.

How do I (A) back-up the calendar data on the device, (B) migrate all the calendar data from the BB back to iCal (or Entourage) and (C) not wipe my BB clean to start over, as there will be no data at all with two empty calendar programs. Cannot afford lose all this data before I have to trade in the month-old Curve for another one.

Thanks for any tips/help.
    I initially tried PocketMac with my 8300 and experienced some lockups/crashes on the software side as well as the BB. You might want to take a look at Missing Sync for BlackBerry which I've been using ever since my initial problems with Pocketmac and haven't had any since!

pksee no está en línea Stack level 1

Appreciate the thought, and the validation of the issue. I know someone else who is having similar calendar wipe-out problems (but not the BB lock-up/crashing). Will check out Missing Sync for sure. Last time I used that was years ago when I migrated files from an old IBM laptop to a Mac.

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

can you use pocketmac to install themes on to the blackberry from the mac?!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast