Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ theoretically yes, but I have tried several times and never got it ... Macs & MacBooks forum

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: Sync BlackBerry with Mac - Pocketmac

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ theoretically yes, but I have tried several times and never got it to work, I think that the BB BT is for headsets and hands free devices and does not work with data transfer between Mac and BB atlest that is my expirience any one else?

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

Oh well, it doesn't do everything I'd like, such as ringtone transfer so I could make my own ringtones and put them on my 7130. I've become very much of a fan of what it does with iCal and Stickies, though.

atotoby no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know this is a dumb question, but one I dowload and install on my 7130c? Where does it go on my BB? Or can someone direct me to the right group to ask this?

Thanks
    Newb

Terrytwn no está en línea Stack level 1

Sync with Chinese Characters

Anyone out there using a BB + PocketMac and has Chinese in their contacts or calendar? I've been using this combo for about six months now and it worked great! Had PocketMac working since day one with the only exception. Chinese characters were coming in either garbled or blank.

I've actually installed and tried the newest version of OS for BB and still the same thing. Help!

I'm on CSL in HKG thus the Chinese characters.

Thanks.

griffjnr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Has anyone managed to get their Pearl to work with Pocketmac 4.0? Does it work with earlier versions of PM and if it does where can I download it? Thanks.

doctorgonzo no está en línea Stack level 1

sorry if this isn't the correct forum for my issue. but i am having trouble sending music files from my mac to my BB pearl. I can easily send photos but after the music file is 100% downloaded it doesn't actually finish the job. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

neilphin no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Sync BlackBerry with Mac and PC? - Pocketmac

This may seem odd but I would like to be able to sync my blackberry with both my mac and pc. I have a pc at work and a mac at home. I want to be able to transfer date between the 2 computers. I want to set my mac to have the blackberry always overwrite the data considering any new info is always entered on my blackberry or pc at work...never the mac. I guess my question is, can you sync a 8703e blackberry to both a pc and a mac?
    Thanks

tetatud no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202901e7

Yes you can sync both ways, PC to BB to Mac; at least I have been doing it until my pocketmac started giving me a 600 error, but I am not sure that it is connected.

tetatud no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202901e7

I am not finding PM in the library folder, is it possibly somewhere else?

mcstylis no está en línea Stack level 1

For those that do not have a compatible Pearl with their Mac yet will be happy to know that there is a new USB cord that shipped with teh next gen of Pearls. this will allow you to sync up.

What I am looking for is software that will allow me to send pictures and mp3's across..

Anyone able to help with that?

I used to train Rogers employees on the Pearl, however there was no software to sync to Mac then and I do not have a memory card to just transfer over to.

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

i'm wondering how to transfer pictures / mp3 ring tones to my 8700, but i can't figure out how.. i don't think there's an easy way, like there wuz with my motorola ROKR, where i could just copy the mp3's to its 'ringtones' folder, on the phone..

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Sync BlackBerry with Mac - Pocketmac

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDizzle
    i'm wondering how to transfer pictures / mp3 ring tones to my 8700, but i can't figure out how.. i don't think there's an easy way, like there wuz with my motorola ROKR, where i could just copy the mp3's to its 'ringtones' folder, on the phone..
    Assuming you are a Mac user by where you placed this post, you cannot do what you what with Pocketmac. The easiest way I have found to transfer pictures / mp3 ring tones is to email them to myself, but then you need to retrieve that email through your browser on a site like mail2pda. You log on using your Internet Browser on your Blackberry and get you email. It will have the attachment which will open, or play (MP3) and you can then save it to your phone.

Cpluse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D40CB0

I have hotmail and yahoo email in entourage, will it sync my sub folders too.

zentient no está en línea Stack level 2

Well, I don't (yet) know what PocketMac 4.0 will do for me, but I know that any day now there is supposed to be a Missing Sync for Blackberry which will allow all the transfers everyone here is trying to do (audio, photos, etc.)

Although it's not out yet, I've used Missing Sync for Palm, and that works perfectly. The only downside with the Palm sync was the very slow sync speed, but I have read elsewhere that that is due to Apple's sync engine, not Missing Sync (although I don't know for sure).

I've used earlier versions of PocketMac, and the sync was lightning fast.
    • Can anyone comment on its current speed?
    • Does it allow 8800 syncing yet (or how long can I expect to wait given that others appear to have waited some time for Pearl syncing)?

zentient no está en línea Stack level 2

I've done some digging around and wonder if the following procedure is a way to update the BB OS using PocketMac? I cannot confirm or deny if this works (I don't even have my BB yet!), and so don't try it yet unless you know what you're doing.
    • Can anyone with experience confirm whether this works or not?

There is a procedure here on the PocketMac Knowledgebase explaining how to install the DST patch (see "Method 2" near the bottom). Apparently this patch is a ".alx" file, so why wouldn't this work for other .alx files? I don't know if this is a viable "OS upgrade" path, but it might allow Mac users to at least modify and load vendor themes or other .alx based files onto their BB's.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast