I need to find out if anyone else has this problem. I was using pocketmac ... Macs & MacBooks forum

lholter no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Storm wont connect to BB desktop manager

Advertisement

I need to find out if anyone else has this problem. I was using pocketmac for my bb storm and all worked fine (including media files) until the latest BB updates. After several attempts contacting RIM, I was finally advised that pocket mac was no longer supported by Rim. I contacted Pocket mac as advised by RIM, and now the "free" version is no longer available. I went back to RIM, and was told that their desktop manager would do what I needed. Of course I uninstalled pockemac and installed BB desktop manager vers 1.02 (build8). I connect the storm to the mac (usb) and finder does not even show the storm as a drive as it had with pocket mac. BBdesktop manager does say that the storm is connected but sync is not allowed. In addition, the media card (8gig) is not detected which is what started this whole mess in the first place. Any ideas?????

agib no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello

Perhaps could you try to inactivate the "mass memory" until connecting on your PC ?
    It is a detail which is done in RIM's site to get more celerity and get your BB recognized.

For the sync, you can use also the window's mobile sync, I do it and it works.
    I hope this could help you.

lholter no está en línea Stack level 1
    tried the inactivating the mass memory with no help. Not sure how windows app is gonna work on a mac