After much playing around' still no go in getting music and vid into the pearl. ... Macs & MacBooks forum

graycement no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E95D61

still working on the music DL

Advertisement

After much playing around' still no go in getting music and vid into the pearl.
    Ive tried dragging , importing , swapping the card to a reader and bluetooth. Zip! I have also trolled the web for some sort of Mac friendlily app.
    Any brain trusts out there.
    Thanks for the help
    MD

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: still working on the music DL

I understand your frustration, and sorry to bother you w/ all the things you have probably tried but...

SD card that is supported by Pearl (whatever the 1G 2Gig capability is for the Pearl)

A Mac running OS X

A POWERED USB port

USB Cable for the Pearl

I believe there is a formatting stage, where the Pearl will format the new SD Card

When you plug the Pearl into the Mac, it should say something like their may not be enough power to charge the Pearl, THIS WILL BE ON THE BB SCREEN

Click through that, then it should say would you like to use this as a mass storage device, click yes, should show up on your Desktop, clicking on the drive will show 4 folders.

If you did not format the card, or you did not see these "pop-ups" on the BB screen, go on your Mac to System Profiler and see if under USB their is A Rim Device attached. If there is, it is not your USB, it could be a OS X issue, especially if your updates are out of date. It could also be (more likely, a Pearl issue, in which it didn't format the card, or the card isn't playing friendly w/ the device.

You said you tried the card reader route, if it didn't work w/ a card reader, I wonder if it's the Pearl not reading the card, or the card itself.

Good Luck, Keep us posted