I don't know....I love my 8700g but the iPhone is an amazing step forward in ... Macs & MacBooks forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Rim Should Have Embraced Its Mac Users!!

Advertisement

I don't know....I love my 8700g but the iPhone is an amazing step forward in many ways. I imagine that by June all of the software will be very finely tuned...and it is already avery impressive phone with a complete sync relationship (MAC & PC). No more PocketMac!! Watch the videos and demos on the apple site, and watch the keynote of it in live use....it is a terrific mesh between phone and iPod and very impressive. And the internet browsing with movies, etc...WOW!!!

You can also bet by the time it will be released there will be many, many 3rd party items (cases, protective screen guards, etc) just like the iPod has....eventually hundreds of support items. And also by then, there will be many new widget applications to install. I think all the other companies will be jamming to catch up and that Apple just redefined the business model.

As for corporate users (BES), there is nothing there in my opinion...it's just business on their BB's as usual. Its worth every penny of $500 - $600 for what you get. Traveling with it on a plane or car trip and playing music, or watching a movie while the phone is off will be an amazing experience in landscape mode. With a super thin protective case (clear skin) it will be a charm to have in your pocket or purse.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Rim Should Have Embraced Its Mac Users!!

The consumer will love the iphone. But as mentioned the iPhone can't compete with RIM's corporate QWERTY market. Esp as per secure communications & BES.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Rim Should Have Embraced Its Mac Users!!

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    The consumer will love the iphone. But as mentioned the iPhone can't compete with RIM's corporate QWERTY market. Esp as per secure communications & BES.
    hayden, no question about it!! I mostly think the iPhone is first and foremost, the next generation of iPod; and second, a consumer phone/internet communicator. It will more likely just hurt sales of the Pearl, but I really don't see it hurting sales of the 8800 nearly as much. All the speculation is just that, but if you are a corporate (BES) user you will want the 8800 as soon as you can get it!! The Pearl on the other hand has a unique niche in its size which is much smaller and more phone-like than all the others. Its a big plus especially for those who do not want to lug around a big, wide phone.

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Rim Should Have Embraced Its Mac Users!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

IMHO - I think the iphone is a great step forward but you are right with the demand for security becoming more and more a issue. Most coporate customers or those concerned about keeping in contact with their workforce the BB is the only way.

For me I stepped up to the BB because for me it gave me everything I needed Email, instant messaging, security away from the office, and of course a phone. What more can a corporate geek ask for?