I am new to Blackbery, with an 8703e. I am a Mac user, with Verizon ... Macs & MacBooks forum

2labs2 no está en línea Stack level 1

receiving email from Entourage

Advertisement

I am new to Blackbery, with an 8703e. I am a Mac user, with Verizon DSL as my ISP. When I was using the Mac Mail program, I had no problems receiving emails, along with the attachments (as long as I checked the "windows friendly attachment box). I tried using Entourage (from Office X) as an email program, since Verizon does't officially support Mac Mail, but when I tried to send emails from the Entourage program, often I did not receive them, and the attachments never came through. Switched back to Mac Mail, and everything was normal.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thank you for your help,
    Ruth

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: receiving email from Entourage

I know nothing about Macs.... but I know we have some users on here....

Welcome to Pinstack and to your new BlackBerry.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

2labs2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the welcome. I don't know if it's a Mac thing (since Entourage is a Microsoft product) or a server issue.

Actually, some of the emails I sent to myself late yesterday afternoon came through this morning. But still no attachments. I DO receive the attachments when I use Mac mail.

Still looking for some kind of answer, though.

Ruth

Cpluse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D40CB0

Did you ever find a answer for this.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: receiving email from Entourage

Quote Originally Posted by 2labs2
    Thanks for the welcome. I don't know if it's a Mac thing (since Entourage is a Microsoft product) or a server issue.

Actually, some of the emails I sent to myself late yesterday afternoon came through this morning. But still no attachments. I DO receive the attachments when I use Mac mail.

Still looking for some kind of answer, though.

Ruth

Assuming you are only using one email account, it sounds like the preferences you have set in Entourage. Are you talking about emails coming through on your Blackberry? Are these same emails coming through to your desktop with the attachments? As an FYI, I recently switched over to Mail from Entourage as it is a better program with less issues. You might also want to try going into your Applications folder on your Mac and run a program in there called "Microsoft Autoupdate" first.