Is there any reason to install and use BB Desktop 4.1 on a windows machine? ... Macs & MacBooks forum

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Reasons to Use 4.1 from Windoze Desktop?

Advertisement

Is there any reason to install and use BB Desktop 4.1 on a windows machine? What do you get other than syncing with outlook and so on?

PocketMac for BB seems to be working ok for me, and I keep getting a "malicious" file on my peecee when trying to get the software installed.

Question is, am I missing anything but not doing it?

Cause I'd just as soon forget it unless necessary.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Reasons to Use 4.1 from Windoze Desktop?

I dunno anything about the PocketMac. Does it allow you to install programs on the BB and back up your BB? Some programs work through it and your PC, like Berry Pics. Pretty much I use DM to install apps, remove apps, back up the BB regularly, and install pics via Berry Pics. Sometimes I synch up my BB as well.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

If you need to load apps it's a must as PocketMac only syncs no app install. If your connect to Exchange or BES it also has the re-director option, yes there's a re-director for Mac but it's a $140 US.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjman
    Is there any reason to install and use BB Desktop 4.1 on a windows machine? What do you get other than syncing with outlook and so on?

PocketMac for BB seems to be working ok for me, and I keep getting a "malicious" file on my peecee when trying to get the software installed.

Question is, am I missing anything but not doing it?

Cause I'd just as soon forget it unless necessary.

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

To be honest, I haven't really seen any apps that I consider "must have" for the BB (although I'm open to suggestions!).

PM for BB doesn't back up per se--but I basically installed all my calendar dates and address book phone numbers, etc. to a blank BB on the first day. So pretty much everything is on the computer and backed up at .Mac for syncing across multiple macs.

Funny thing is, I sync my Windows Mobile phone (WM 5 when its not crashing) using pc--get that to mac via hp ipaq/Active sync to Pocketmac on Mac.

Convergence!