Does anyone have problems uninstalling apps that you've installed through PocketMac? It seems like it ... Macs & MacBooks forum

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

PocketMac Uninstall Problems

Advertisement

Does anyone have problems uninstalling apps that you've installed through PocketMac? It seems like it doesn't work at all. Nothing is ever removed from the phone but there are no errors generated from the pocketmac synmanager.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: PocketMac Uninstall Problems

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    Does anyone have problems uninstalling apps that you've installed through PocketMac? It seems like it doesn't work at all. Nothing is ever removed from the phone but there are no errors generated from the pocketmac synmanager.
    kpishdadi, me too! PocketMac4 just does not work at all and there are some programs that it will not install either. Par for the course with this program. I am waiting for the iPhone where they take the Mac seriously, and Windows users, too for that matter. Sync flawless like in iTunes...I''m in!!!

bla5390frd no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: PocketMac Uninstall Problems

ditto for me

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

FYI: i posted this way back when I first got blackberry. I since found out that the install to device doesnt work on pocketmac so don't use it.

If you need to install something, do it OTA or use a windows computer (eww!)

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

I just got my BB a month ago and had the same problem like u guys but fortunately I found a way out and thanks to the advise from members here.

There's a bug in pocketmac which only installs the modules of an app but not the whole app. So when uninstalling, without the main app the modules cannot be removed.

I've contacted the developers and they are looking into the issue. However during this time pocketmac is still able to install app but you may need a pc and BB's apploader to uninstall it. Its not necessary to wipe your device.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thingus995 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA8180

i have followed all possible ways to uninstall a program, namely colorball which i put on as a trial, i am having an impossible time removing them either through the phone or pocket mac, or desktop manager on my pc... any help anyone could provide would be most appreciated... thanks in advance

Flag434 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi

If you need to install something, do it OTA or use a windows computer (eww!)
    Could someone tell me what OTA is?

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

OTA - Over The Air. Some programs will allow downloading and installation from the phone itself without the need for a computer. It is really the only way to go for Mac people. Problem is not all applications offer an OTA version.

HarryMonk no está en línea Stack level 2

The best uninstall I ever did was to uninstall freakin' PocketMac. What a waste of disc space!

wch
    wch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i never successfully uninstalled a program using pocketmac. i only installed one program successfully for that matter. i finally bit the bullet and bought missing sync. it syncs flawlessly (even with itunes), as near as i can tell but - unfortunately - can't install applications. right now i rely on OTA for what i need.

btw - i filed at least three "support tickets" on the pocketmac site regarding sync problems without an answer, which was the final straw. bottom line? if you want reliable sync'ing completely uninstall pocketmac (yes, its a must. search www.blackberry.com "clean uninstall of pocketmac") and buy missing sync.
    if you are going to skate on thin ice you may as well dance.

silicontrip no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    How do I remove apps that have been installed with pocketmac?

I have gone to a friends windows computer and installed the desktop software and tried to use app manager.

But it says that the device software is different from the installed software and I must contact my sys admin or telco. I am guessing this is due to the way that pocket Mac has corrupted the install.

I have tried going through "options - advanced options - applications"
    and the applications are not listed.

How did such a peice of software make it through User Acceptance Testing? This IS POOR WORKMANSHIP.
    I am frustrated that this software has left my blackberry in a state that appears to be unrecoverable.

Can someone help?