Bookmark www.pocketmacsupport.com today!... Macs & MacBooks forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

PocketMac Support Site

Advertisement

Bookmark www.pocketmacsupport.com today!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: PocketMac Support Site

cool!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

gabewakeman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e69082

thanks
    "Well done is better than well said!" - Benjamin Franklin

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: PocketMac Support Site

Quote Originally Posted by gabewakeman
    thanks
    Everyone reallys needs to log their "synching" experiences here, so we can all benefit from the information!!

Juliejam no está en línea Stack level 2

I just updated my BB to the 4.2 OS, and also updated my pocketmac. After the update, my Safari bookmarks were deleted from my BB. Now, when I go to put them back onto my BB via Pocketmac, nothing happens, and the sync fails. Anyone know how to resolve this?
    You can't reason with crazy...

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by Juliejam
    I just updated my BB to the 4.2 OS, and also updated my pocketmac. After the update, my Safari bookmarks were deleted from my BB. Now, when I go to put them back onto my BB via Pocketmac, nothing happens, and the sync fails. Anyone know how to resolve this?
    Juliejam, the Safari bookmark deletion is a common item talked about on several threads here, so that is no big deal as you should be able to get it to install again. But, my question for you is: Are you able to do a normal sync when you don't try to install the bookmarks or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    Juliejam, the Safari bookmark deletion is a common item talked about on several threads here, so that is no big deal as you should be able to get it to install again. But, my question for you is: Are you able to do a normal sync when you don't try to install the bookmarks or anything?
    No, it says the sync failed.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Juliejam, are you using PocketMac v.4.0.20? Also, when you have your BB plugged in and launch the PM application, click the Blackberry icon on the application and you should see your Blackberry under "Device" with your Pin number, and that it is available. If you don't it will not sync.
    Last edited by wclyffe; 04-19-2007 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    Juliejam, are you using PocketMac v.4.0.20? Also, when you have your BB plugged in and launch the PM application, click the Blackberry icon on the application and you should see your Blackberry under "Device" with your Pin number, and that it is available. If you don't it will not sync.
    Thanks. Yes, I am using PocketMac v.4.0.20. I will try again at home (my work computer is PC), but I don't recall seeing my PIN number. If I don't see that, how can I fix it? Thanks again.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Thanks. Yes, I am using PocketMac v.4.0.20. I will try again at home (my work computer is PC), but I don't recall seeing my PIN number. If I don't see that, how can I fix it? Thanks again.

You definitely need to be able to see your PIN number under "Device", and see the word "Available", too. I would try and reboot the computer, plug in the Blackberry, start PocketMac in this order. If you still cannot see your PIN, try a different USB port and make sure you are plugging it directly into the computer (no USB hubs, etc). One last thought, try syncing only one item (i.e. Calendar) and uncheck all other items so the sync time is simple and short. Then add those items back in. Good luck!
    Last edited by wclyffe; 04-19-2007 at 06:08 PM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks again. I just tried and my device still does not show up. It worked before the upgrade. I'm at a loss.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks again. I just tried and my device still does not show up. It worked before the upgrade. I'm at a loss.
    Juliejam, not that this is very helpful, but you are one of the first I know to upgrade to the new OS4.2 on an 8700. That, and all things related to synching Macs and Blackberrys is complicated, even when it does work. It might be worth getting a friend with a Windows computer (or via Boot Camp on an Intel Mac) and reinstall the latest 4.1 OS for now. It sounds like the new OS (4.2) is not even recognizing your USB port on your Mac as you have to be able to see the PIN number under "Device". Also, one last try might be to start PocketMac, and then quickly plug in the USB cable hoping that the initial connection will hold and continue if the software is in process. Good luck, and let me know what happens.
    Last edited by wclyffe; 04-20-2007 at 10:07 AM.

miqueena no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

BB doesn't show up in when connected!

I paid for the full version of PM pro and then I already had the free PM Sync, and I used to just plug in my device via USB while using the free PM SyncManager and it worked just fine. The only odd thing that I didn't understand was that when I plugged the USB cord into the phone, a little prompt thing would come up asking if I would like to temporarily disable mass storage mode; I've chosen both options, yes and no, but I never saw any change in anything.

Also, when I used to use the original/free version, when the USB was plugged in the screen would turn gray with a computer connected to another device with "Desktop --" something, and it stayed that way until I unconnected the device from the USB.

However, now I'm trying to use both (preferably the PRO) and I've used about 4 different usb cords (2 of which came with the phone, 2 others which are the exact same shape but did not come with the phone) --- but I still cannot get my Blackberry to show up or be visible to my computer.

PLEASE HELP ME! Do I have to switch a setting in the BB itself? Is it the comp's fault? HELP!

justinthestouth no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3016a580

Thanks for the information!