Hello, I installed Entourage 2008 for Mac and then Pocket Mac on my Mac Mini. ... Macs & MacBooks forum

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

PocketMac is making a mess of my 8130

Advertisement

Hello,

I installed Entourage 2008 for Mac and then Pocket Mac on my Mac Mini. All kinds of odd things are happening. It is syncing - but in a very odd manner. First, it will not sync calendar items at all. If I add an event on the berry then it will not sync it to entourage and vice versa. Contacts aren't really syncing in the same manner. Tasks and Notes seem to be working fine. Is there a setting or something I am missing?? I set every option i could within pocketmac to sync (2-way) with entourage. it just seems like a really poor program. Am I alone?? Can anyone please offer a little help?

bpomeroy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24450BFA
    with entourage 2008 you have to sync your bb with ical and then sync entourage with ical (entourage>preferences>sync services). There is no direct syncing with bb and entourage 2008.

PIN/ID
    317CBE4F
    Thanks very much. I am going to try that as soon as I get back to my mac. Sorry if its a really basic newbie question, I am just getting use to all this after transitioning to my new mac.

PIN/ID
    317CBE4F
    I followed your diections exactly as you mentioned and now I have double email addresses for every single address in my address book. It did this once before while I was trying to get it to work and it took hours to remove all the duplicates. What am I doing wrong? Am I doing anything wrong? Is there another program that is actually well written that can do everything pocketmac apparently cannot? I am just so confused and frankly its getting annoying. In this aspect - windows worked soooo well.......... Help PLEASE!!

PIN/ID
    24450BFA
    When you say you have doubles in your address book are your talking about your BB, mac address book or entourage address book?
    There are a couple of ways to handle that with out manually deleting duplicates one by one
    Missing sync is another option but is about $30. I haven't used it but it does work the same way (by syncing with ical, and then using the entourage sync preferences) There currently no way to sync your BB directly with entourage. pocket mac says they are working on it and are close...

PIN/ID
    317CBE4F
    So with the duplicate email addresses, what happened was that if you would go (on the berry) into contacts, you would have the exact same email address, twice. So if I have a contact with a home and work address; on the berry I had home, home2, work, work2. Imagine when I had contacts with three email addresses! LOL!

Last night, while trying to correct this, pocketmac wiped out all my contacts on the phone. No idea why, it just did. I changed no settings, just manually deleted hundreds of duplicates. Edited emails, synced, and no more address book on the device. Entourage and Address Book on Mac had the entries, but pocket mac wouldn't sync them to the berry.

I think this is the single most poorly written application I have ever had the displeasure of using. I was thinking of trying missing sync but frankly pocketmac is sooo poor that i am afraid to try anything outside windows. I have read the same thing in so many forums on here and other sites. I wouldn't hold you breath for anything to happen with PocketMac and entourage - they seem to have a lot of work to do elsewhere........

PIN/ID
    24450BFA
    yeah. pocketmac worked well with entourage 2004. That version had the sync plugins built into it. microsoft deleted those plugins in the 2008 version for some reason. pocketmac says that they are in the final stages of a new version that will sync with 2008 but who knows how far away that is. Hang in there, you will not regret switching to mac. it does everything else MUCH better than a PC
    If you have the contacts in ical but not your BB this would be a good time to uninstall pocket and then reinstall. Then try syncing again. (turn off the sync services in entourage first though). that way if something goes amiss you still have them somewhere.
    Good luck

PIN/ID
    317CBE4F
    I am up to four copies of everything in my berry. Pocket mac support is horrible. The suggestions they offer are a joke.

I think this might be the single worst piece of software on the planet. I might trade it for some spyware. I think the spyware would be more useful!!