Results 1 to 11 of 11

I've noticed that PocketMac is dropping the due dates from tasks transferred from iCal to ... Macs & MacBooks forum

  1. #1
    Ruminator's Avatar
    Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a
    Posts
    338

    PocketMac droppingtask dates

    Advertisement



    I've noticed that PocketMac is dropping the due dates from tasks transferred from iCal to my 8700c. Has anyone else had this problem? What was the resolution? Thanks!

  2. #2
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440

    Re: PocketMac droppingtask dates

    No. I'd email their support. I havn't hear of this yet. Post the solution if they offer one.

  3. #3
    Ruminator's Avatar
    Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a
    Posts
    338

    Re: PocketMac droppingtask dates

    I have an outstanding ticket now. I also downoaded DayLite to test it (cool app BTW) and PocketMac won't sync tasks with it at all. I'll post a ticket on that issue too.

    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

  4. #4
    finchbb's Avatar
    finchbb Guest

    Re: PocketMac droppingtask dates

    It has to be noted that at the very best PMBB is beta software at best with awful suppot. If you have a PC you can sync with (I use my office PC) then sync with PMBB I find that sorts out the task date issue.

  5. #5
    Ruminator's Avatar
    Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a
    Posts
    338

    Re: PocketMac droppingtask dates

    I heard from PM support this afternoon. The dropped task-date issue is known and targeted for a fix with the next release. I'm on the list for notification when a fix is released. At least PM-support got back to me within about 24 hours and that was on the weekend.

    I've also noticed problems synchronizing with DayLite version 3. This version of DayLite is fairly new (I'm testing it now and it's pretty cool, really) and PM may not have had time to work out synchronization issues (yet). I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here.

    Quote Originally Posted by finchbb
    If you have a PC you can sync with (I use my office PC) then sync with PMBB I find that sorts out the task date issue.
    Do you mean you synchronize the BB with Outlook using the desktop-management software then go back to the Mac with PMBB?

  6. #6
    inspector's Avatar
    inspector no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19

    Re: PocketMac droppingtask dates

    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~:
    Hi every one !
    I keep geting message
    Uncaught exception java.lang.error
    Any one know how to fix this, snd what it means ? I have BB. T-MOBILE
    8700g
    Thanks every one !

  7. #7
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

  8. #8
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Re: PocketMac droppingtask dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruminator
    I heard from PM support this afternoon. The dropped task-date issue is known and targeted for a fix with the next release. I'm on the list for notification when a fix is released. At least PM-support got back to me within about 24 hours and that was on the weekend.

    I've also noticed problems synchronizing with DayLite version 3. This version of DayLite is fairly new (I'm testing it now and it's pretty cool, really) and PM may not have had time to work out synchronization issues (yet). I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here.



    Do you mean you synchronize the BB with Outlook using the desktop-management software then go back to the Mac with PMBB?

    I have the same problems with tasks using PM for BB....after you adjust the date on a task it loses the ability to track that task in sync. Its more a nuisance than anything (at least it does not delete the task), but I spoke with them too and said it will get fixed on the next pass. I have not tried it yet, but I wonder if a workaround might be to sync PM with Entourage Tasks and let iCal automatically sync to Entourage via Sync Services?

  9. #9
    Ruminator's Avatar
    Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a
    Posts
    338

    Re: PocketMac droppingtask dates

    Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    I have not tried it yet, but I wonder if a workaround might be to sync PM with Entourage Tasks and let iCal automatically sync to Entourage via Sync Services?
    Did you try this?

    I just updated my notebook to a MacBook Pro, so I have the Intel-based notebook now. I'm going to download the new version of PMBB and see if it works with my new Mac.

    Now that I have an Intel-based Mac, I'm also going to install Parallels, which should let me run Winder$ in an OS X window. I may be able to install DM under Winder$ under OS X (how perverse does that sound? ) and work around the problem that way. This opens up a number of new possibilities for working with the BB and Macintosh.

  10. #10
    nightingal's Avatar
    nightingal no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3

    Re: PocketMac droppingtask dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruminator
    Did you try this?

    I just updated my notebook to a MacBook Pro, so I have the Intel-based notebook now. I'm going to download the new version of PMBB and see if it works with my new Mac.

    Now that I have an Intel-based Mac, I'm also going to install Parallels, which should let me run Winder$ in an OS X window. I may be able to install DM under Winder$ under OS X (how perverse does that sound? ) and work around the problem that way. This opens up a number of new possibilities for working with the BB and Macintosh.
    Hi yeah I guess that will bring lots of possibilities however problems as well. I did the same thing, upgraded to Intel-based Mac, installed Parallels, installed DM for BB. But guess what? Desktom MAnger doesn't support Mac's USB drives so I'm unable to even connect my BB to the Parallels.

    Sometimes I just wonder why I don't go with my little notebook and my beloved Parker....

  11. #11
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Arrow Re: PocketMac droppingtask dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruminator
    Did you try this?

    I just updated my notebook to a MacBook Pro, so I have the Intel-based notebook now. I'm going to download the new version of PMBB and see if it works with my new Mac.

    Now that I have an Intel-based Mac, I'm also going to install Parallels, which should let me run Winder$ in an OS X window. I may be able to install DM under Winder$ under OS X (how perverse does that sound? ) and work around the problem that way. This opens up a number of new possibilities for working with the BB and Macintosh.
    I did try it and it still loses the task date among other issues.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •