I have seen on these forums that people are sync'ing their Pearl's w/ Entourage, and ... Macs & MacBooks forum

chi108 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down PocketMac crashes when sync'ing Pearl / Entourage

Advertisement

I have seen on these forums that people are sync'ing their Pearl's w/ Entourage, and I will do a back flip (or try) if I can figure out why.

My SyncManager crashes reliably every time. It goes like this: First contacts sync, they seem to work although they sync 804 out of 879 contacts, then Calendar, and at this time my device's screen goes black and the light in the upper right on the device turns red. Then syncmanager says it moves onto tasks and notes, and then when it looks like it's all done it crashes (I get the Mac "Unexpectedly Quit" message). My device screen stays black w/ the red light on until I unplug the usb cable, at which time the device resets. After it resets I see my 804 contacts on the device but no cal, tasks, or notes.

I have tried the data purge and SyncClean several times w/ no help. SyncManager still crashes. The only way I was able to make it not crash was by telling it to sync to iCal instead. Although even there no data sync'ed and my device still rebooted itself after the sync.

Do I need a media card or something to make this work?

Thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: PocketMac crashes when sync'ing Pearl / Entourage

So far not much help from pocketmac support on this. But I did try a few things:

- Sync'ing w/ iCal, AddressBook, and iCal tasks also crashes SyncManager
    - Seems like my device always goes into some state where the red light goes on and the screen goes black in the sync, and the device is stuck after the SyncManager crash until after I unplug the USB cable.

I tried this:
    - Sync'ing each Entourage aspect individually. This actually didn't crash SyncManager but Calendar data and Notes data didn't sync, and for each my device still went into the unresponsive state and required a reboot. Even though Contacts synced they dropped about 15% of my contacts in the sync

Then I tried this:
    - Ran DataPurge to clear all data from my device
    - Installed PocketMac on a different Mac (same specs: G4, 10.4.8, up-to-date Entourage)
    - Sync'ed first w/ iCal, AddressBook, Tasks.. no problem
    - Did DataPurge again
    - sync'ed next w/ Entourage. Also no problem

So, two possible causes:
    1. My device gives me an error when I connect the USB cable to my powerbook stating i need a charging USB hub. Could that be it? When I sync'ed to my desktop G4 i plugged the device into my display which seemed to charge the device

2. On the powerbook where the sync's fail, I used to sync to a previous Blackberry (the 7100t) using an older version of PocketMac. I wonder if the Powerbook is simply confused b/c somehow it knows of the other device? Maybe I need to do something to delete all memory on that computer of my previous device.

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: PocketMac crashes when sync'ing Pearl / Entourage

Well, looks like it might have someething to do with the previous device, or something specific to my powerbook. I bought a charging USB hub and it still crashes SyncManager and requires my blackberry to reset. It even does this when I only sync Contacts.

Is there a way to completely wipe all memory of PocketMac from my pc besides the SyncClean (which I have run several times)?

Thanks.