I've been syncing my Curve using the free version of Pocketmac 4 for 2 days ... Macs & MacBooks forum

jp_nyc no está en línea Stack level 1

Pocketmac & iBook not communicating

Advertisement

I've been syncing my Curve using the free version of Pocketmac 4 for 2 days with no problems through the USB cable, and now nothing. The last few times I had to unplug/replug the cable and restart Pocketmac for it to work, and now even that doesn't do it.

Is this fixable or is this latest version of PM just not working?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

JP

wfwoodruff no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pocketmac & iBook not communicating

Not sure I can help here, but I have intermittent issues with PocketMac as well. Sometimes it has conflicts with mass storage enabled, so try making sure that the memory card is not mounted. Also, it will conflict with Parallels if the emulated OS has connected to the device. Otherwise, I'd suggest restarting, everything in turn (e.g. Pocket Mac, your email software, the device itself, your computer, and anything else you can think of.) Eventually, it should connect. I also ran into trouble in attempts at removing software from the device, FYI. I spoke with a tech support rep at RIM about a month ago; he told me that Pocket Mac is still under development, and is neither the standard nor the recommended method to sync or update your phone. Personally, I use both PocketMac (only to sync contacts, calendar, etc.) as well as Desktop Manager in Parallels (for everything else.) Hope this helps...

Thanks for the input. Still not communicating, thinking of dropping $40 for missingsync...

JP

I restarted my computer and Pocketmac is working again.