I was wondering if there was a way to sync my blackberry contacts with my ... Macs & MacBooks forum

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

pocketmac and 7290 syncing

Advertisement

I was wondering if there was a way to sync my blackberry contacts with my mac but keep them separate from what is already in my address book. Is this possible? Or would it require me to dump the contacts into entourage or some other contact management software that is given as a option?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: pocketmac and 7290 syncing

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The first time I did a PocketMac sync, it appeared to be the case that Categories in the BB were 'mapped' to Groups in Address Book.

However, remember that Address Book for Mac keeps all address cards for all groups in one list/database.

However, my second sync was mostly a failure and I have given up. I have BES with wireless sync, so I just keep everything, work and personal, in one place: my BlackBerry.

PocketMac is good if you only sync with it and nothing else, and you are not on a BES with wireless sync. It's just not smart enough or developed enough to have more options available (such as field mapping and duplicate entry errors). There is no "overwrite handheld / overwrite computer / merge both" option. Both times I tried, I got multiple entries.

Although, I suppose now, if I cleaned out Address Book on my Mac entirely, and started from an empty Book, then it would likely work perfectly. But I'm not quite that keen yet. I've got no need.

Well this is my thing is their a way to delete all of the calendar info i had on my mac from my blackberry to free up that space?

i knew in the beginning something was telling me it might now work the way i wanted it to but now is time to correct the problem lol. Or should i say the mess i made

Well i finally was able to sit down and remove the calendar info that was on my bb. I had to remove all of my ical entries and do a calendar sync which then asked me do i want to remove one, remove all entries from my phone of course i selected remove all and viola. My bb's calendar is once again cleared.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Good to hear that you (eventually) got what you needed.

Are you using SureType?

"Viola" is a stringed instrument, just a bit larger than a violin.

"voilŕ" is french, literally translated as 'look there', or 'look at this'.

I got a giggle/chuckle (I won't say all-out-laugh) from reading viola.