Hey Everyone, Just wondering now, just over a month, how people like the new PocketMac ... Macs & MacBooks forum

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

PocketMac 4.0 vs. 3.0

Advertisement

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering now, just over a month, how people like the new PocketMac 4. I have to say, I recently re-installed the old PocketMac (3.0), due to the fact that my address book just wasn't syncing like it used to. I wasn't getting dup entries, but information just wasn't updating from one to the other. I found myself changing an entry on my 8700, then going to Mac's address book and making the change there before syncing...then what's the point of having syncing, right?

Wondering if anyone else is having these issues with 4.0. Overall, it's awesome that we Apple users are getting closer to having a full desktop manager on our OS, but it still needs some work.

Let me know what you all think-

Thanks, AJM

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

PocketMac 4.0 vs. 3.0

Why is is that 3.0 does a better job of just plain syncing than 4.0? I mean, one was overseen by Rim (4), and one wasn't. All I know, is that I am much happier using 3.0 for everyday sync, and 4.0 for Bookmarks, and Installing software. Anyone else having issues?

Thanks,
    AJM

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Hmm... I dunno, no Macs here. Anyone else?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

zenichi no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would agree that 3.0 seemed to be a bit more consistents and stable than 4. I can't get the bookmark sync function working at all, for example. However, I am able to sync my data ok.

v4.0 feels like an early beta release.
    I hope work is continuing and we can expect some update soon.

arodweb no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Been using 4.1 for a while now using Entourage,and it's been stable the whole time

ibulldog no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just started using 4.0 and everything works fine for me.

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just got an 8100 and I'm on a G5 PowerMac and downloaded PocketMac 4.0... one sync and so far, no problems .

chi108 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: PocketMac 4.0 vs. 3.0

I have Pocket Mac 4.0 and it doesn't work w/ my Pearl. It worked once on a machine where I had never sync'ed anything before using 3.0. I am starting to think that there is some problem installing on a machine which had a prev version of Pocket Mac, b/c now there is nothign I can do to make it sync my calendar items, and it always reboots my blackberry and pocket mac usually crashes during the sync.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: PocketMac 4.0 vs. 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by chi108
    I have Pocket Mac 4.0 and it doesn't work w/ my Pearl. It worked once on a machine where I had never sync'ed anything before using 3.0. I am starting to think that there is some problem installing on a machine which had a prev version of Pocket Mac, b/c now there is nothign I can do to make it sync my calendar items, and it always reboots my blackberry and pocket mac usually crashes during the sync.
    There are two utility files that come with PocketMac4 that will clean out existing issues. Also, try re-inserting the cable into your USB port until PM4 recognizes that the Pearl is there.